Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Appaling Story of Abuse in the Church

Ambassador Reports Blog has an appalling story up of abuse in the WCG Duluth MN church.

This is just an excerpt.  Read the entire story here Diane's Story



If Mr. William D. Gordon is still alive, I hope his life has been hell on earth.  I hope every single day this man lives with the guilt of what he did to me and my mother.  I hope there is a hell that he will go to, but moreover,  I hope his hell lives with him every day he is alive.  I despise him, and I despise his wife, Helen, for doing NOTHING to stop the abuse of myself and my mother.  I loved Helen, and she did NOTHING but teach me to iron linen napkins while her husband, a servant of Satan to my mind, got  to counsel my dad on how to hit his wife more to make her submit.  I hate them both.    I have no pity for any suffering of theirs.   None.  Good people of God would have done something, ANYTHING.  They would have admitted that God does not condone spousal abuse. Good people of God would have called the police and had my dad arrested.  Good people, good ministers of GOD would have taught my dad that God does NOT condone abuse and that my mother does NOT have to submit to what is unGodly. They would have examined their hearts and repented. Instead, they COVERED up the abuse of my mother and God knows how many other women in the Duluth congregation.   They conspired to COVER up abuse, knowingly, willingly and with full consent.  That is unforgivable.   Ministers have a duty to the people in their congregation, to help them, not hurt them.  I don't even know why Gordon became a minister. I think he was unduly influenced by the "tent revival" preachers of his day, the power they seemed to have. I do not think for a minute that William Gordon ever wanted to sincerely serve anybody.  That man does not know the meaning of the word "service." 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill Gordon has gone onto the great beyond. The loathsome misfit, and heretic can no longer annihilate anyone's personality, individuality, will, or character in his quest to up one on Satan.
http://www.hwarmstrong.com/worldwide-church-of-god-death-notices.htm

More on Gordon on this page, last letter on the bottom:
http://www.hwarmstrong.com/email_110.htm