Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Radio Interview of Benjamin Grant Mitchell on Life in Armstrongism

Growing up in a Doomsday cult

Benjamin Grant Mitchell photo - http://www.benjamingrantmitchell.com
Benjamin Grant Mitchell
full image
Until he was 10 years old Benjamin Grant Mitchell lived with the notion that the end of the world was imminent.
He and his family were part of the notorious Worldwide Church of God, run by the equally notorious Herbert W. Armstrong.
Now Benjamin has written a novel based on his early experiences growing up in a doomsday cult.

If audio above does not work checkout this link Podcast

2 comments:

Frank said...

Good job Benjamin! I hope you continue to write to expose the abomination that is Armstrongism!

Benjamin said...

Thanks Frank. When my Dad resigned from the ministry and my family left WC of G around my tenth birthday I thought we had seen the last of Armstrongism. All these years later I was amazed then to see an ad in a Melbourne paper on the weekend with HWA being proclaimed as a 'global humanitarian'—with the aim of attracting followers to a spin off (PC of G). It seems 'The Trumpet' has picked up where 'The Plain Truth' left off.