Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Epic Failure of Dale Schurter and Crew




I had an interesting conversation today with a person that is part of Dave Pack's cult.  It seems that Dave was looking at the defection of Dale Schurter and other UCG ministers as the start of a great exodus of members from UCG into the RCG.  It hasn't happened. There has been no exodus and only a couple of members actually jumped over.

Instead what has happened is consistent mocking and ridicule of Dave's new boy toys which have in turn cast a bad light on Dave himself because of all the gloating.

Income is down in RCG and Dave is struggling to come up with financing for his new mini-me concert hall and campus.  With the banks refusing funding, Dave has had to turn to intimidation and threats against members to make them give more money.  Threatening to strip away one's salvation makes some people do foolish things.

Yet, in typical COG fashion, the sheeple sit there and let themselves be treated as dirt by Dave because they feel they are under authority and would be rebelling against God if they dared contradict Dave.  To rebel against God's "anointed" is the same as turning their backs on God.

Lives continue to be destroyed in RCG all in the name of Dave.

6 comments:

Assistant Deacon said...

Not surprising.

In true Armstrongist fashion, Dave's obsession is himself. It's all about him, how God chose him, how God trained him, how he did this and how he did that.

Heaven forbid, however, that he focus on others, or that he would meekly consider the admonition to be a helper of others' joy.

No, let's just brag, brag, and brag some more.

Discerning people know the difference between blessings and braggadocio.

Epic failure, indeed. Well put.

Mish-Mash said...

I wonder how Dale is dealing with this since he probably thought his easy-going personality would draw hundreds after him. He's got to be kicking himself in the ass for such a stupid move. He would have done better to go with RCM. Not that that is better I'm just saying, better for him in the long run. People would have probably went with him over there.

You ever wonder why its the case that there is such a mess to discuss anyway? Why isn't Jesus intervening in His church to straighten these morons out? Hasn't this gone on too long. I say "dissovle them all" (which would leave us little to make fun of, Obama maybe) or can we start seeing some bonafide miracles that whip people into shape? People like me (on the fringe) are really starting to loose faith in all of this.

I wish we never left the Catholic church when I was three. I would go back, but I know too much

Anonymous said...

Boy toys? I love it! I always knew Armstrongism had a kinky side.

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if Pack is or is not on the track.

John said...

I wish we never left the Catholic church when I was three. I would go back, but I know too much

Wow! I know how you feel Mish-Mash! I grew up Catholic too and at one point I was even going to join the priesthood! I've always wanted to be an RE teacher, but coming across the "Plain Truth" as a teenager my whole worldview changed! Sadly so many I know have careers and families of their own now while I feel like I've been gyped with nothing to show for it! Like yourself I'd "go back" in an instant too! But, as you said, "I know too much," indeed, way too much now, not only about Catholicism, but "churchianity" in general!

Mish-Mash said...

Thanks John.
Well at least we are not alone in the way we feel about the church and missing out on a normal life.

There needs to be a support group of XCatholic/XCogers. I bet there are plenty of us out there !