I was reading one of Rod Meredith's letters to his members and co-workers today and it was like reading something from 50 years ago. Its the same old story. One angry pissed off god who is just itching to reign fire and brimstone down upon his wasted creation called humanity. Of course a few of the frozen chosen will escape, but only by the skin of their teeth because God is pissed at them too.
Thirteen paragraphs and not one thing about Jesus, the example he set, the parables he taught, the things he did, nothing about grace, nothing about love. Just lots and lots of typical crap about a pissed off god, what an amazing church we are, and how Rod is setting the example. It's all works based and graceless. They complain their message does not get heard by most, is it any wonder?????????????? Who in their right mind would buy into this crap? They claim to follow Jesus but are embarrassed to even mention his name.
From his June 12 letter these are the highlights.
- really bad weather is just ahead!
- dangerous hurricanes are predicted
- They may do huge damage.
- increasing drought
- massive wildfires
- growing “dust bowl” conditions in much of the Southwest
- thousands of farmers to suffer heavily
- many to consider leaving the farming profession for good
- same-sex “marriage” is growing
- distribution of the “morning-after pill”
- young girls and boys can go ahead with their fornication with more peace of mind
- young men will probably not feel the need to take protective measures
- increasing the incidence of venereal disease and AIDS!
- lawsuits and investigations are mounting as countless instances of governmental and corporate corruption are being exposed.
- liars and thieves are at the highest levels of our society
- growing mistrust of governmental and corporate leaders
- these seemingly different problems are all part of a Big Picture described by the real GOD of the Bible
- He alone—actually controls the weather.
- lying, the thievery and the massive corruption of our entire society
- growing sins
- God will intervene in the weather to punish our nations unless we repent.
- easy to forget how involved our Creator is in both our national and personal lives.
- How involved He is in causing bad weather.
- soon-coming enormous earthquakes
- horrifying disease epidemics soon to come
- God will be in the ultimate destruction of our rebellious society
- We in this Work of the great God are continuing to reveal to increasing millions of people the reality of that true God and the totality of His awesome power.
“For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences [disease epidemics], and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows”Paragraph 7
But if you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments, and if you despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments, so that you do not perform all My commandments, but break My covenant, I also will do this to you: I will even appoint terror [terrorism] over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart. And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it”
- as a nation “despise” God’s statutes and His laws.
- turning away from almost every vestige of biblical Christianity!
- national power and prestige of the British-descended and American peoples go down and down
- once-powerful British Empire...dissolved
- It is all part of God’s prophesied warnings
- bad weather, fires, earthquakes and disease epidemics—plus other catastrophes—would all begin to occur and bring them down.
- as genuine Christians, must learn to “connect the dots.”
- God’s supreme purpose to teach humanity that our own ways and the fruits of our human reasoning will be broken.
- obey His laws and ways will we be blessed with good weather, world peace and prosperity
- know that God is real, know that your Creator is in charge and that it is He that is bringing about all this because of His specific promises to do so
- His desire to “shake” our peoples to an awareness of our own sins
- bring us to genuine repentance for our own good.
- There is one Work on this earth which is proclaiming this inspired warning
- This is that Work!
- God has continued to bless the Living Church of God
- some self-appointed “prophets” or “apostles” who make big claims and, at the same time, throw around erroneous accusations.
- Brethren, as the senior evangelist remaining in the true Church of God,
- God is continuing to greatly bless this Work.
- Tomorrow’s World magazine circulation surpassing 400,000,
- television program is aired on more than 220 stations,
- new Russian satellite network which is comprised of four separate satellites giving us worldwide coverage in the Russian language!
- thousands of literature requests and inquiries every single week—often 5,000 or 6,000 or more!
- Paragraph 11
- English, French and Spanish-language Tomorrow’s World Web sites reach multiple millions
- major new Web site upgrades planned for later this year
- Social Media efforts continue to experience explosive growth
- Twitter account is increasingly active and is followed by more than 31,000 people
- Tomorrow’s World Facebook page posts and ads have a total reach of more than 26 million unique people!
- Facebook page currently supports more than 53,000 unique Facebook fans
- weekly views to the page topping over 1 million on any single day!Paragraph 12
- as we approach the termination of this present society
- do everything we can to “reach out” to our fellow man and warn our peoples before it is too late.Paragraph 13
- how much are you, personally, sacrificing in order to get His final warning message to our peoples?
- How zealous are you to do all you can to support the very Work which the living Christ is using to preach the full message of His coming Kingdom and His way of life to this world?
- your tithes and offerings are being put to very good use in preaching the Gospel
- we do need to “stir ourselves,” and be able to get on more stations and preach this message with ever greater power
- mixed-up world begins to feel the real impact of this Work of God before it is too late.
- May God help every one of you do his or her part.
- At age 83, I am trying to “go all out,” myself, to give of myself
- each one of us demonstrate our zeal for our Creator by getting fully involved in the Work of the living Christ right now!