Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"You Know I love You..."

 I Corinthians 13 kinda

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, which you don't, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal, Dave and Gerry.  If I have the gift of prophecy, which you don't Bob, and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, which you can't, and if I have a faith that can move mountains,  which you have never done, but do not have love, I am nothing, which you are. If I give all I possess to the poor, which you never have thought of doing, and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, which is not what you come up with to boast as you do,  but do not have love, I gain nothing, which you won't. 

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

Love never fails. Unless someone disagrees with you of course. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; or never get off the ground in your case, where there are tongues, they will be stilled, or we could only hope in your case; where there is knowledge, which you lack in spades,  it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, and you still are,  I talked like a child, which you still do. I thought like a child,  ditto, I reasoned like a child. Yep, but when I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. Well not you.  12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror, and you find yourself beautiful; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part, but you will figure it out by next week so just tune in; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love, well and your titles and delusions, stuff and simply terrible mistaken theology and grasp of scripture, history and context.


Why don't the abused speak back to fake religious power?

Why do they just sit there?
Why be insulted with no reaction?
Why be intimidated with no response?
Why don't they defend their own?
Why doesn't some say, "That sounds stupid"?
Why doesn't someone say "See, you were wrong"?
Why doesn't someone stand up and say "that's enough now"?
Why do they come back?

Why?

"love is arrogant and testy..."


"Umm..Pastor....That was my dad on the phone... my mom died" 

7 comments:

anonymous63 said...

Dennis, you've really rattled my inner child..

"That was my dad...my mom died"

yep. and I, at 6 years old going on 7, was too big a coward to tell him to STOP IT. he was big, bad and terrible and he could "kill" He had the 'authority'...and everyone else had to do what and how and when he said. To me definitely resembles the church authorities, self-appointed, power hungry despots that do not seem to in anyway understand the definition of love.

When I became a man I put away childish things. The word childish in it's literal translation according to strong's (not that it's a great translation) is -non speaking-. Does that actually say we need to speak up, stand up, do the right thing? Stand up to and stop the bullies? Cause I have often wondered why in God's green earth I have been unheard, abused, not loved since and all that comes to mind is the verse, "He who stops his ears to the cries of the poor will cry himself and not be heard." Wow, does love really hold a small child accountable in such a fashion? Does love punish said child for the rest of their life because they did not stand up to a terror? Does love punish a small child for life because they smashed their little fists hard over their ears so they couldn't hear the hell, the screams, the slams, and broken 'bombs' going off everywhere? Does love do that? It seems like it.

Dennis I'm so sorry you endure such a thing as this. It is a hard burden to carry when god killed god..or certainly feels like it even when everybody else is defending and in denial.

Byker Bob said...

I was discussing some things with a customer yesterday. He had worked for an SDA family and noticed that they were rigid on the OT laws, but not too good about how they treated their fellow humans. I explained that I'd grown up in a sister cult, and that the Millerites all seemed to practice the first of the two great commandments of the Lord to the exclusion of the second. That's the fruit that legalism always brings into peoples lives.

BB

Anonymous said...

Usually telephone interruptions are totally asinine and unnecessary.

DennisCDiehl said...

I get clients who simply can't let go of the phone during sessions. We both ignore 5,6,9, calls during the hour at times. Mostly quiet vibes but sometimes, "Pick up da Phone". I do ask them to turn the phones off and some just forget of course. They always apologize because they didn't come for therapeutic massage to chat on the phone or close the deal. But I don't take the phone and throw it against the wall and destroy it. That works against the purpose of the session. :)

DennisCDiehl said...

I did watch an Apple IPhone bounce off three walls in my room once, but that was the client being unhappy with the content of the call she should have skipped. Tough phones!

Anonymous said...

I'II have a look at that Preacher TV series. Notice how Hollywood just about all ways portrays the devout Christian or Christian preacher as a nut job. They are never portrayed as a well balanced reasonable person. If you are a Christian, you are a crazy. Dennis must be pleased with Hollywood on this one.

anonymous63 said...

It's something how glaringly foolishness (for one thing, of answering a matter before one hears it) stands out. Thank you Dennis for pointing out and correcting my foolish error/s in such a gentle way.