Herbert Armstrong's Tangled Web of Corrupt Leaders

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Dave Pack - David - Bathsheba - Cell Phones - Temptation - I might accidently take a peek, but so what, David did


 


15 comments:

  1. Never thought I’d defend that guy, but your headline is completely misleading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??????? Pack even admits in his video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon at 12:28 PM: (Please correct me if I’m wrong and taking this as a response to my comment.)

      Yes, NO2HWA, it is misleading. He never in that clip disregard or downplay anything by calling at a “accident” or by comparing it to David’s transgression. He simply notes, an obvious fact – that the easy availability of a porn site Buy it being right in his hand, would likely increase the temptation. Of course it would! That’s the nature of temptation. If it takes a lot of work to do something, something is less tempting. The thought occurs to us, but it’s not worth the effort, and we push it away, but when it’s right there and so easy? Again, that’s just the nature of temptation for any sin or crime or whatever.

      His discussion of David is quite valid. He compares the temptation and seeing Bathsheba to the temptation of seeing a porn site. “A one woman porn site.“ Bathsheba had an OnlyFans account. It’s not a justification the way Armstrong worshipers justify Armstrong raping his daughter with the David Defense. It’s actually a very valid use of a biblical example by comparing it to a modern day phenomenon. It’s not, “but so what?” It’s, “I’m learning that lesson.” You simply took it in an obviously wrong way.

      Again, I never thought I would defend the guy, but it’s actually a very valid Christian message.

      Delete
    2. "Yes, NO2HWA," What??????? I posted your comment and someone who responded to you.

      Delete
    3. 12:28 PM — Follow up: I remember this episode of that old Knight Rider TV show where Michael and KITT are investigating small town corruption. The sheriff is the bad guy, but they don’t necessarily know that yet. Meanwhile, there was a B plot whereby some fellow was trying to sell Michael a security system for KITT. He keeps trying to break into KITT, but of course, fails. He wants to show Mike all the need for the system. There’s a comedic crossing of the plots where Michael is coming out out of the sheriff’s office and the sheriff and his deputy are arresting the guy. Michael quickly intervene and explains that it’s OK, that he knows the guy. The sheriff actually says, “But he was trying to break into your car!“ But it is quickly resolved.

      As a youth, it struck me a little bit strange for a TV show. This sheriff was the bad guy that Michael was trying to find. The sheriff knew Michael was trying to find him. And yet, he acted as a sheriff when he saw a crime, even a crime directed at his unknowing nemesis.

      How much of it in-universe was him actually thinking, “Well, I’m a sheriff, so even though I’m involved in a criminal activity, I should still enforce the law,” versus, “I need to stop this or else it will be obvious that I’m trying to sabotage this guy’s investigation,” one can argue. Nonetheless, the sheriff did his duty.

      Maybe it’s the same here with Pack. Yes, he’s running his grift on his members. But he’s still a minister. Maybe he said this in order to sound like a minister, or maybe he actually was trying to pass on a sincere observation. But being a grifter and doing something proper as a minister or not mutually exclusive. Think maybe the unjust judge.

      Delete
    4. The notification of my first message came through at 2:27 PM central time. That fits perfectly with the 1227 pacific time on the message. The responses index exactly 1 minute later at 12:28 PM Pacific time, and the Email notification came to me at 2:28 PM central time. Response came only one minute after notification, and at exactly the same time that you were Approving messages.

      You’ve done this before. You’re even acknowledging that it was a response to me, even though it didn’t come through as a reply, But rather as a separate thread. The only way you can be sure it was a response to me is if you were Privy to its Submission.

      Delete
  3. This stuff from these apocalypticists is all irrelevant to me! The whole world died a little bit for me when Johnny Paris of Johnny and the Hurricanes died. Robert Mitchum and his son James passed away, Steve McQueen is gone, and Sonny Barger as well! And, of all of my faves, it hurt the most when Tina Turner passed away! Thank God I got to see her live in concert! There is nothing that Armstrongists can say or do which has any relevance to me or my life! They had their crack at scam validation in 1975, and they blew it!

    BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they have blown it BB. This movement is breeding lunacy. Far removed from what we actually read in scripture. Miss Tina and co. Fortunately for us that gem called YT exists and so do many videos of our music heroes. Loved the Doobie Brothers, Chicago and even a little of the Sex Pistols lol. The list is endless. Gone but not forgotten. But HWA and Ambassador College, the PT the Good News magazine are long gone and forgotten. No one remembers, or cares today, except those of us impacted. But music Is forever. Keep rocking brother. Cheers.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they have blown it BB. This movement is breeding lunacy. Far removed from what we actually read in scripture. Miss Tina and co. Fortunately for us that gem called YT exists and so do many videos of our music heroes. Loved the Doobie Brothers, Chicago and even a little of the Sex Pistols lol. The list is endless. Gone but not forgotten. But HWA and Ambassador College, the PT the Good News magazine are long gone and forgotten. No one remembers, or cares today, except those of us impacted. But music Is forever. Keep rocking brother. Cheers.

      Delete
  4. COG ministers and especially evangelists and church leaders were always good at the David Defense to stave off any criticism and examination of their corrupt hearts. They believed and some still do that since God appointed them only God alone can judge them. The sheeple are too stupid and corrupt to judge them. Pack is quit good at doing this. This way he remains unaccountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Anonymous”🙄 at 6:28 PM – It would really help if you posted as a reply to my comments rather than starting a new thread every time. But fortunately, “David Defense” shows this to be a reply to my reply.

      The problem is, Pack-o-lies Is not using that defense there. Quite the opposite, actually. He’s noting David’s sin and purposing not to copy it.

      Why are you reading the opposite meaning into it? What got you to thinking that he was taking the Opposite tack?

      Delete
    2. Lee, there have been ongoing issues with replies in blogger for a few weeks now. There appears to be a glitch that causes some posts to show up late and/or not in the correct thread or sub-thread. It happened to me.

      Delete
    3. He may not have the control you think he has, Lee. Placement of the comment can depend on whether he's on a PC, or a mobile device. There are two formats.

      Delete
    4. Thanks 7:34.........I have zero control as to where comments are placed. That is a Blogger issue. I receive comments as they come through and sometimes a list if I have been busy for a few hours for approval. I scan for antisemitic, nazi worship remarks (you would be shocked at how many come from COG members), and outright violent remarks (yes, they are sent on a regular basis) and I clear for posting. When I approve them. the time they post is supposed to be the time the person wrote the comment, not when I approve it. It always seems to be some grand conspiracy that I am thwarting things or that people post anonymously.

      Delete
    5. Hate to say it, but Lee has a little challenge in the tolerance area! 😷

      Delete