Thursday, February 5, 2015

Elijah Dave Pack Had To Delete His Own Book In Order To Become Elijah



A reader here writes:



“Elijah Dave Pack Claims To Have Channeled Elijah's Personality and May Soon Be The Most Attacked Human On Earth in 6000 Years!”


David Pack might have learned this old trick of saying he will be attacked from Gerald Flurry. When Gerald Flurry wanted to shove Jesus out of the way and make himself out to be the prophet referred to in Deuteronomy 18:17-19, Gerald started off his five-part sermon series about it by warning that he had some wonderful “new truth” that had been revealed to him that was so wonderful that he was going to be attacked terribly for teaching it. Well, maybe Gerald should have been attacked for telling such outrageous fibs. Maybe everyone should have thrown their Bibles (and shoes and chairs) at Gerald for trying to play such a dirty, satanic trick on them. If this seemed like too strong a reaction, and they preferred to act calm and play it cool in the face of such pure evil, they could have at least just said, “The Lord rebuke thee, Gerald.”

David Pack made it sound like some church member had put this latest idea in his head that he is the Elijah. Even though David is the one who came up with all this stuff and is the one who is trying to force it on everyone else, he made it sound like others came up with the idea. This, too, is exactly what Gerald Flurry had done. Gerald had claimed that some church member had been reading the Bible, noticed Deuteronomy 18:17-19, and suggested to Gerald that he was the prophet mentioned there. Of course, humble Gerald then supposedly honestly, sincerely, prayerfully looked into the matter and realised that the PCG member was absolutely right and Gerald could now make the transition from being “The Unknown Drunk” to being “That Prophet.”

To become the Elijah, David Pack had to delete his own book that he had written called I will Send Elijah to Restore All Things!, which had supposedly proved that HWA was the Elijah. David Pack has now actually begun to accuse people of being “idolaters” if they still believe that HWA was the Elijah. When Gerald Flurry wanted to be a prophet, he bought the copyright to HWA's last book called Mystery Of The Ages and just deleted a couple lines that contradicted Gerald's “new revelation.”

What real proof does David Pack offer that he is the Elijah? Actually, none at all! His so-called “130 PROOFS” are not really proofs at all, but rather just points, thoughts, ideas, suggestions, similarities, coincidences, stories, etc. Not one of them is a real “proof” in the sense that a normal person would think of the word. But three two-hour harangues can tire people out and wear them down until they can think that surely something must have been said amidst all that noise. One of David Pack's “proofs” that HWA was not the Elijah was that HWA had not really restored all things. What David Pack meant by that was that HWA had not known about or restored any of the many new ideas and teachings that David has come up with over the years. So, David reasons, HWA could not have been the Elijah who restored all things. Some people might recall that David Pack used to teach that he was not changing anything that HWA had taught at the time of his death in 1986. David was supposedly just building on it with his new understanding. Gerald Flurry had already done the same thing in the past in his PCG. Gerald had started off by pretending to be holding fast to everything that HWA had taught, and was supposedly just building on it with all the “new revelation” that had “flooded” the PCG.
 

2 comments:

old EXPCG hag said...

When Gerald Flurry wanted to be a prophet, he bought the copyright to HWA's last book called Mystery Of The Ages and just deleted a couple lines that contradicted Gerald's “new revelation.”

Everyone sing in the lower key version of "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele...lalala...

I let it fall, my heart,
And as it fell you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet

But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true
And the games you'd play, you would always win, always win

But I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
Let it burn while I cry
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

When laying with you
I could stay there, close my eyes
Feel you here, forever
You and me together, nothing gets better

Cause there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true
And the games you'd play, you would always win, always win

But I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
Let it burn while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
Where I felt something die, 'cause I knew that
That was the last time, the last time

Sometimes I wake up by the door
As if that heart you caught is still waiting for you
Even now when it's already over
I can't help myself from looking for you

I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
Let it burn while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
Where I felt something die
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time, oh
Oh, oh

Let it burn, oh
Let it burn
Let it burn


Anonymous said...

Actually you can still get the pdf version of the deleted booklet on RCG's website if you use Google to get there.