Several people have contacted me from the Living Church of God referencing the Council of Elders meeting that will be held this week. Many feel that this blog will once again be the topic of conversation. We have struck a raw nerve with LCG and Rod Meredith. Will any of these men actually take into consideration the desires of LCG members about how they are being mistreated?
How can they sit there knowing how vocal and hurt LCG members have been in expressing their pain here on this blog? The mere fact that LCG members have to turn to a blog run by a "dissident" to have their voices heard shows how tired members are of the way they are being treated. They know they have no voice in their own church...a church that was supposed to be the epitome of love and care.
Many of the men sitting on the Council KNOW that things are wrong yet do not have the wherewithal to speak up and say the church has been wrong.
Will these men take into consideration these items that LCG members have expressed concern over?
- Why is the ministry of the church so soulless?
- Why is kindness, justice,
mercy, and humility completely lacking in those who think they are
ministers of God?
- RCM never was known for being kind, humble, just or merciful. This is truly a sad commentary when his own members know this to be a fact!
- ...disregard for the people began much earlier really with ministry lording
over the people, using them for free labor , taking the chief seats at
the feasts and the choice accommodations.
- The "helpers of your joy" were few and far between
- I was "used" (speaking, leadership roles, etc.) by the ministry, as
long as I toed their line, which eventually became impossible to someone
who could see the hypocrisy and double standard that was in place.
Sadly, the mirror never seemed to reflect the double standard by which
they operated, allowing so many of them to take on the naked emperor's
role, all the while never seeing their own naked and blatantly wrong
- ...where has the mercy, humility, etc. been all these years, from our Korah like leadership?
- Can you show us, from the Bible, how Matthew 18 does not apply to the ministry?
One LCG member wrote what the Living Church of God should be doing for its members, though the men doing this are few and far to be seen:
The true sign of the church is the love they have one for another, bearing one anothers burdens, visiting, aiding, helping.
We have always had some of those people amongst us, thank God for them!
Will these men AND
Rod Meredith publicly repent in front of their congregations, and church as a whole, for the mistreatment and abuse they are piling on members?
Will they have any accountability to anyone in the church?
Do they even care about true reconciliation?
Does power and law trump grace?