Never has the COG had a self-appointed prophet in their midst that pussy-foots around so much with his predictions as does the Great Bwana to Africa and 299 Caucasians. The prophets of old spoke without fear and forcefully, but not so with today's weak little prophets. It is always "what if", "could be", "possibly be", "might be", or a big fat "IF".
In his latest Co-worker letter, Gerald Weston of the Living Church of God had the following:
I doubt that any of us can imagine how traumatic the next one to five years will be, but as Jesus encourages us, “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near” (Luke 21:28). https://members.lcg.org/letters/co-worker/october-12-2021
Gerald Weston and I agree that the next 1 – 5 years will be quite traumatic.
While we need to look for the signs that Jesus laid out in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, let’s consider timing since Gerald Weston mentioned years.
Now it has been said that “if” is the biggest two-letter word in the English language. So:
- If as the School of Elijah taught, that God inspired Elijah to state that the world as we have known it would last 6,000 years, to be followed by a thousand year sabbatical time, which Jewish tradition (Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin [97a]) and early Christian traditions record (e.g. Irenaeus, a hearer of Polycarp. Adversus haereses, Book V, Chapter 30:4), then we are getting close to the end of that time.
- And if, consistent with scriptures in both the Old and New Testaments, we can apply the concept that a thousand years is as a day to God (Psalm 90:4; 2 Peter 3:8).
- And if, as generally understood in the Church of God that Jesus was killed and resurrected no later than the Spring of 31 A.D. on Passover.
- And if we can presume that the “last days” of a 7,000 year prophetic week began AFTER the middle day (day 4), then the last days prior to the “sabbatical” time, which some would refer to as the millennial Kingdom of God would last two thousand years.
- And if when Peter referred to being in the last days (Acts 2:17-18) and since Hebrews 1:1-12 teaches that “God … has in these last days spoken to us by His Son.”
- Then adding 2,000 years to a period of time leads to the end of the 6,000 years no later than 2031 (and it could be earlier than that).
- Since the Great Tribulation is expected to start 3 1/2 years prior to that (cf. Revelation 12:14; 13:5) subtracting 3 1/2 years from the Spring of 2031 would be late in 2027.
- Understand that the U.S.A. is prophesied to be taken over near the rise of the Beast and start of the Great Tribulation (cf. Daniel 11:39; Jeremiah 30:7; Matthew 24:21-22).
- Therefore, while Jesus is NOT coming in the next 1 -5 years, the USA and its British-descended allies could be gone by then (though it could be later)
We appear to be in the beginning of sorrows that Jesus spoke of.
The Great Tribulation is not too many years off from now.