Friday, August 2, 2019

Resignation of Gary Gibbons from RLDEA



Resignation of Gary Gibbons from RLDEA
By Wes White


Dear Banned, 

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the resignation of Gary Gibbons from the board of RLDEA.  

            Gary explained his resignation as follows:

            “While serving as a member of the Board, I have seen much growth in this ministry and I am truly satisfied with the progress we have made.  I feel that my contribution as a Board member has met its limit and that it would be beneficial to the organization and myself if I were to step down.  In doing so, I will be able to spend more time with my home duties, other volunteer services and my part-time business.

“Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of such a strong and dedicated organization.  I have no doubt that Ron and Allie would be proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to hearing of the continued success of RLDEA.”
I am still close friends with the Gibbons.  Almost since the first day after Allie asked me to help her out by doing volunteer work at CEM, the Gibbons and I have been close.  Nothing in that regard has changed.  We still have lunch on a regular basis.  We talk and text and email regularly. 

            And, perhaps most important, Gary is still doing RLDEA’s commercials, voice overs, and other audio work.  So he is by no means gone from RLDEA.  

            I will always be appreciative that Gary did what he promised Allie he would do. He pledged to get RLDEA set up and moving in the direction that she wanted with a strong social media presence. Gary has met his obligation and is moving on with other things in his life.  He will receive a reward for his service. 

Personally, I will be forever grateful for his work on RLDEA because I certainly could not have gotten things this far without him and Cathy. 

            Which brings me to my next point:  If the goal of the Gibbons was to “take over RLDEA” and “get all of Allie’s money,” they are going about it backwards.  Until Gary’s resignation, the Gibbons had two votes on the board and I only had one.  They could have removed me from RLDEA.  They could have made decisions that I disagreed with.  They could have done things that would have forced me to resign for reasons of conscience.  (Yes, I have heard all the rumors.)

Well, now that Nancy has replaced Gary on the board, the Gibbons no longer have what other people call “control” of the board.

            And actually, this whole idea of “control” is absurd because the Gibbons and I have been in agreement probably 99 percent of the time as to what RLDEA needed and needs to do next. 

            There has been so much said about the Gibbons “getting” Allie’s money.  The Gibbons didn’t “get” any of what Allie’s will left to RLDEA.  I know how every penny of RLDEA’s money gets spent.  In fact, as the guy who hires staff and contracts jobs out and makes purchases, it is Wes White who actually spends RLDEA’s money – not the Gibbons.  

And I am proud of what we are accomplishing in the one year that RLDEA has been active.  We’ve only just gotten started.   We’ve got a lot more ideas for things we can do to accomplish our mission of preaching the Gospel and feeding the flock thru the terrific works of Ron. 

            All those who have falsely accused the Gibbons of being “snakes in the grass” might have to re-think the evil things they say about them.  In situations like this, the true colors of people come out in the end.  Gary’s departure from the RLDEA board is a demonstration that the Gibbons are people of high moral character – something I have been saying for years.   They have no desire to “control” RLDEA and, thereby, “get” Allie’s money. 

            Further, I hope there is at least some small degree of appreciation of the fact that RLDEA is transparent regarding its board.   Some of the Armstrong offshoots’ boards are NOT open about who is on their boards.

Even their members and donors have no idea who is running the organizations they support. 

            As soon as Gary resigned and Cathy and I replaced him with Nancy, we updated our website for the world to see. 

            We are a transparent organization, so please let me know if you have any more questions and I will be glad to answer them.  

            Wes White
            Wdwhite49@yahoo.com




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this?

Isn't RLDEA now basically a "zombie" ministry promoting sermons by a dead guy? It's GTA version 2.0.

It boggles my mind that there needs to be a complex organization supporting tapes by a dead guy. It would be very easy to digitize the tapes, put them online, and let people download what they want. Anything else is just overhead designed to give someone a paycheck and/or a title.

What am I missing here?

Anonymous said...

"What am I missing here."

Uh, your brains? Think a bit more deeply! Ever hear of marketing? A packaged product, especially a conceptual or intangible one, doesn't just spread or sell itself. That requires a magnetic and persuasive human to position it and to make it both appealing and relevant. To capture the attention of other humans, and to articulate it.

You must be one of the higher ups in an ACOG splinter. None of them have a clue about branding or marketing either, which is why they are all dying on the vine in spite of their broadcasts, internet presentations, campaigns, publications, prophecies, and complaints about Satan causing censorship, leading to a famine of the word. They should shed their martyr complexes, get off the pity pot, and read their Og Mandino. Wes may be onto something that the others have bungled or missed. And, coincidentally, he's a hell of a lot better human being than the cartoon caricatures we regularly read about and mock here.

Anonymous said...

This is typical of all the ACOGs. They endlessly preach generosity, yet are very possessive of their intellectual property.
One standard for me, another for thee.

Anonymous said...

If 9:56 PM represents the heart and the message of RLDEA, I can do without it. Thanks for the magnetic and persuasive explanation!

Anonymous said...

" It would be very easy to digitize the tapes, put them online, and let people download what they want."



ummm, that's pretty much what they've done....there is a large collection of bible study material free for the taking.

Ron Dart was an excellent teacher, very little that I disagreed with. (maybe he was wrong, maybe I was, or maybe we both were) I'm glad his material is still available.

wes white said...

Regarding RLDEA being a "zombie" ministry...
I get that observation if the person sees no value in the works of Ron Dart. No problem there.
But some of us believe that Ron's stuff is of really high quality. For that reason, we enthusiastically promote it. We believe that it can be helpful to those who wish to better understand the Bible.
--Wes White

Dennis said...

Necro-Evangelism is practiced every time one quotes from the Bible. All religion perpetuates itself by quoting the now dead. The New Testament is a "zombie ministry" if that's how you view RLDEA or anyone else whose books , sermons or tapes still speak

Dennis said...

Several surviving sons of Greenville dead father preachers still make their living playing old sermons of long ago departed dad.
I wrote in 2006 about the practice of Necro-Evangelism when GTA went back on the air from the grave

Tonto said...

The "Zombie Ministry" statements are not well thought out. If that was true...

then the entire Bible is a "Zombie Ministry" as well!

Not true!

Byker Bob said...

Necro-evangelism? I wonder how many of them suffer from eproctophilia. Wouldn't it be a gas if we found out that a shared fetish such as that had created the strong bond between HWA and Stanley Rader?

BB

Anonymous said...

Billy Graham is still on tv...don't hear anyone complaining about that.

nck said...

Hmm, before going into the footsteps of St Augustine I was going to read up a bit about his ministerial writings. Now I feel bad since he's dead.

I will skip this sunday mornings St Augustines telecast also. Is Vandeman still on. Why does his image suddenly haunt me. I think Bob Schullers grandson is doing a genuine authentic work doing the old man proud. Osteen talks about his dad a lot. Joel didnt aspire to be a minister and isnt considered one by the traditionalists, but knows how to find the right tone with the houston segment of christendom. I'm more into uses of modern media, than into deciding who or what should ride the airwaves.

Nck