The Plain Truth magazine was trumpeting these teachings to hundreds of thousand...maybe millions of readers right during the 1960s Civil Rights Era. Herbert insisted he wasn't "taking sides" in the Race Question that was the greatest problem of the d...his magazine wouldn't be promoting the demands of the Negro, nor would it be endorsing the approach of the segregationists of the Deep South. It was, he insisted, just telling the "Plain Truth" about what God thinks of it all, about what the Bible says about it all, and about what the Bible predicts for the future. The reality, of course, was that Armstrong did, indeed, "take the side" of the white anti-integration southerners. Often using some of the same arguments, the same "scripture quotations" that showed up on their protest signs. "God hates race-mixing." "God is the author of segregation."-–Myth America by Pam Dewey
Herbert Armstrong's Tangled Web of Corrupt Leaders
- Contact Blog Owner
- Contact Dennis Diehl
- Apostolic Treasures: The Treasures Of Herbert W Armstrong
- Wacky World of Dave Pack
- David C. Pack's Wacky World 2
- Mulling Things Over With Dennis Page 1
- "Mulling Things Over With Dennis" Page 2
- Mulling Things Over With Dennis Page 3
- Van Robison
- Idiots in the Pulpit
- Herbert Armstrong's Tangled Web
- Armstrongism: Is It The Plain Truth? 8/5
- The Daughter of Babylon: A True History of the Workdwide Church of God
- The Armstrong Error Booklet
- Mr. Confusion 1971
- Book: The Truth Shall Make You Free
- UCG/COGWA Child Molester
- PCG Suicide
- How Fred Dattalo, Cal Culpepper and Gerald Flurry Caused A PCG Suicide
- LCG Pedophiles
- Rod Meredith HATES This Blog!
- Rod McNair Says Elderly Possessed By Demons
- Herbert Armstrong Confesses to Incest!
- Herbert Armstrong's Documented Prophecies By Decad...
- Worldwide Church of God vs. Philadelphia Church of God
- Ambassador College Pasadena Campus Demolition and ...
- Ambassador Reports
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
UPDATED: "The Negro brethren had their own social and picnic..."
Please check out the article on the Painful Truth that delves further into the past racist teachings in the Church of God.
You can also listen to the complete sermon by Herbert Armstrong here: Interracial Marriage
The Painful Truth has this:
These quotes below and many more are on the Painful Truth site. Far too many in the COG today continue to claim the church was never racist, but the track record proves otherwise.