Friday, November 26, 2010

Ken Giese: UCG HQ "...demonizing anyone who would question their authority...


AN OPEN LETTER TO MEMBERS AND MINISTERS OF THE UNITED CHURCH OF GOD

November 26, 2010

Dear Friends,

It is with great sadness and grave concern that I write to you all regarding the current crisis gripping the United Church of God. Clearly, we are a house divided against itself and in danger of disintegrating. We have been told that there is a rebellion in our midst, led by wolves who are causing division and seeking to draw brethren to themselves in an effort to “start their own church”. Our current leadership continues to accuse dedicated pastors with decades of faithful service and experience of leading an organized conspiracy, while at the same time, dismissing some 2,000 Latin American brethren and their pastors without due process, demonizing anyone who would question their authority and demanding the support of members and ministers alike despite their egregious misconduct. The income of the United Church of God is dropping precipitously, morale is sinking and we are about to lose what we have all worked together to build under Christ’s direction for fifteen years. Enough is enough.

As many of you know, on November 4, 2010, I resigned from my responsibilities as an employed pastor of two UCG congregations (Reno, NV and Sacramento, CA) due to the fact that I could no longer in good conscience support the actions and decisions of the current Council of Elders majority or their appointed administrators. As I wrote to Dennis Luker and Victor Kubik, despite the fact that I resigned from employment, I wanted to retain my membership in the United Church of God as well as my status as a credentialed elder in UCG in hopes that the current Council of Elders and our administrators would accept responsibility for this debacle and seek reconciliation and peace rather than confrontation and war. Sadly, they have chosen the latter.

As one who has been identified as a wolf who is sowing discord, I would like to set the record straight. The last thing I or any of my fellow elders want to do is leave the United Church of God and start another organization. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. We (some current COE members, former administrators, regional pastors, concerned elders and members) have been working diligently behind the scenes to bring the current Council of Elders majority and our administrators to the table for frank discussions on our current state of affairs as well as exploring methods and means whereby we could all work together to bring reconciliation and peace, but our efforts have been consistently rebuffed and ridiculed. We desperately want to remain a part of the United Church of God, but we are being falsely accused and forced out by those who have clearly disqualified themselves as our spiritual leaders.

Therefore, I am calling upon the General Conference of Elders to step up and demand that the current Council of Elders and their appointed administrators be held accountable for bringing the United Church of God to the point of imminent disintegration. I encourage GCE members to fulfill their responsibility as the only “members” of the corporation – The United Church of God, an International Association. I encourage the GCE to call for a special meeting for the purpose of restructuring the organization with new leadership. Our current leaders have proven themselves incapable of correcting the problems that are clearly facing us all.

Please do not let the cries of “foul” deter you from taking these appropriate and necessary steps. If these actions do not take place, the United Church of God has little chance of surviving intact.

In light of my personal circumstances and the fact that roughly one-half of the Sacramento UCG congregation has stopped attending, I feel compelled to offer a place of refuge for myself as well as those members who feel they have been forced out of the United Church of God. At the same time, I would love to remain a member of UCG as well as a credentialed elder in UCG and work with the entire GCE in taking the necessary steps noted above, but I cannot in good conscience do so. Therefore, I hereby resign as a member of the United Church of God and as a member of the General Conference of Elders, effective immediately. This coming Sabbath, November 27th, I plan to meet with other brethren who no longer feel they can affiliate with the United Church of God. My purpose not to start a church . . . I am attempting to provide a place of refuge in hopes that we can eventually return to fellowship in a healthy, vibrant and Godly United Church of God.

May God bless and guide us all in these difficult and challenging times.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Giese

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The DisUnited Church's Council of Elders (COE) is also known as the COUNCIL OF EVIL for a very good reason.

Many people wonder what is wrong in the UCG and why things cannot simply be talked over and worked out. They do not understand that there is PURE EVIL in the UCG.

I have seen COE leaders put out innocent people and bring in outright perverts. This is not what I had expected or wanted, but I now accept it as simply the way things are. I no longer expect the situation to improve.

I am so glad I did not waste the last 15 years feeding those characters.

James said...

Well anonymous, do I have the article for you!

The door has been kicked in and the corporate church is soon to collapse.

Richard said...

Pastor Giese may mean what he says about "not forming a church." But given the history of the WCG movement, I won't be surprised if his own congregation is operating by Spring Holy Days.

NO2HWA said...

Richard:

The very fact he has announced he is willing to meet with the disenfranchised members is a direct indication they will start something new.

Those people will ask him to lead them while they sort things out, and then it will continue on from there.

It has all happened before, in well over 700 different incidences now. Some legacy that RCG has wrought!

Lake of Fire Church of God said...

I am glad I didn't waste my life in the WCG and any of its many splinter groups. I am glad I had the sense to leave when I hit adulthood.

Richard