Bob Thiel writes in Living Church of God News:
09/14/12 p.m. Dr. Meredith contacted me yesterday and listed some LCG concerns about about my book Barack Obama, Prophecy, and the Destruction of the United States. I provided him feedback related to those concerns, including part of how I feel that book helps tie into the final phase of the work. We both mentioned mutual prayers and the Feast of Tabernacles, and I conveyed my wishes that he would have a great Feast of Tabernacles.So there you have it folks! Straight from the mouth of the world's foremost authority on the end times and the church. Everything is all sunshine, rainbows and lollipops in LCG right now.
There are a lot of recent false assertions and reports about me and LCG matters on the internet, so this may be a good time to address a few of them. For example, James Malm (a blogger, that seems to be starting to form his own group, long has had major issues with me, LCG, UCG, COGWA, etc.) posted the following:
This ongoing battle through the summer began to climax as the COGWA talks progressed and Bob published his book on President Obama. After a number of calls from Charlotte on this new book as well as many communications on his disagreement with the new falling away teaching; and especially about his attitude, that he was straightening out Charlotte; Doug Winnail flew out to San Diego for two days of talks with Bob in August.The above assertions contain a lot of falsehoods, false conclusions, and/or false assumptions. Because others on the internet have picked up some of this, let me try to set out the facts about the above:
With the issues unresolved, and there seems to be far more than only these matters, maybe LCG leadership finally got around to reading Bob’s other books? More likely it is a power struggle over any potential agreement to cooperate with COGWA.
Rod Meredith wrote all congregations last Sabbath with a warning about believing anything written by Bob.
Now it appears that a choice to either obey and accept instructions from the leadership or be cast out has been given to Bob...
From what I can see, Bob Thiel is the leader of the anti cooperation with COGWA faction.
Perhaps I should mention that also on the internet, some have falsely suggested that a couple of the LCG commentaries in the past week or so were intended to be directed towards me personally. Dr. Meredith, without me bringing that subject up, apparently saw the same nonsense, and told me that this was not the case. And yes, I believe him about that. Dr. Meredith, himself, also took exception to claims that there was any "war" between the LCG evangelists and me.
- According to Dr. Meredith, there have been no positive talks about any type of serious merger cooperation with COGWA (Dr. Meredith, without me even bringing this up, yesterday again declared that no merger type talks with COGWA, or UCG for that matter, are in the works). (More on this can be found in my post RCM: There are No Merger Talks with COGWA or UCG.)
- I, Bob Thiel, am not leading up any anti cooperation faction related to COGWA. Members and ministers in COGWA who wish to be part of LCG are welcome to contact Charlotte or other LCG ministers. I have never opposed that, but instead long encouraged that.
- There has been no "power struggle" related to me and LCG's dealings with COGWA.
- There was never one call from Charlotte (or anyone else in LCG) related to my "Obama" book until after I got the attachment (which had already been made public) to the Weekly Update late September 6, 2012. For James Malm to state that I received numerous calls from Charlotte about the book prior to 9/6/12 is totally false.
- Dr. Douglas Winnail came out here (and I am nowhere near San Diego) on August 26th and 27th to go over LCG literature concerns that I raised (and the focus was NOT the falling away matter, though that was discussed as well). He did not come out here to warn me about my books. Actually, on both days that he was here I brought up my upcoming "Obama" book and he raised no questions or concerns about it. Dr. Winnail proposed the trip long before he knew about the book and the focus was primarily on matters of church history, doctrine, prophecy, and literature. And I also discussed my views on the final phase of the work and he brought up some Charlotte views. There was no discussion of COGWA, or UCG for that matter, that I can recall.
- Dr. Meredith was not warning that people not to read my books or anything else. He simply wanted to make it clear, that despite the claims of others (not me) on the internet that I supposedly was LCG's "official spokesman" that I was not an employee of LCG and hence, did not officially speak for the organization. Not only is that true, that type of disclaimer has long been on the COGwriter home page. He advised people to check out what I write (cf. Acts 17:10-11), and I have always advocated that: Specifically, I have written, and it has been at the About COGwriter page for many years, “Don't simply believe me– Believe what the Bible really Teaches – Believe the Truth – Prove all things – Believe God!”
- The suggestion that a "choice to either obey and accept instructions from the leadership or be cast out has been given to Bob" is not true. This did not happen nor did Dr. Meredith even hint of such to me yesterday either. Nor have I ever been accused of any type of disobedience that I am aware of by any LCG leader.
Yesterday, I noticed that James Malm linked to my recent news article titled Persecution. He, and others who profess Christ, should read it (Christians are subject to persecution per 2 Timothy 3:12, etc. and false accusations per Matthew 5:11, etc.). And James Malm, and others who make false statements about me (and others), should consider what they are doing.