The church now is giving guidelines on how to date online:
Singles, you are hereby challenged to use these tools to inject life into your dating! Here are some ideas we have accumulated to help you be creative with your online dating. Feel free to add more ideas in the comments below.
- On video chat, you could have a meal together. –Joel Hilliker
- Cook a new recipe together. –Brenda
- Everyone loves food. Share recipes. It crosses cultural lines as well. –Theodore
- Each read a book beforehand and talk about it online. –Mr. Hilliker
- Go through the articles or videos on the Trumpet.com (since you’re online anyway) and discuss them. After some discussion, post your thoughts online or even continue the discussion in our comments section. It is like hitting two birds in one stone—a date activity and more social media points for theTrumpet. –Reniel
- Play a game of chess. –Mr. Hilliker
- You could play online board games together, like chess or checkers. –Jordanya
- You could do Scattergories; you could easily do that on both sides: have a timer going and then exchange answers. You could play Pictionary or something if you had a group date. That would be pretty easy because you could just show your picture to the camera. –Danielle
- A game I would always play with my nieces and nephews: One person draws something, just a quick line or something, and then the other person draws another one and eventually you complete a picture of some kind. It’s very funny sometimes to see what actually turns out. –David
- Could you make an online date that was built around serving? That’s a good challenge. –Mr. Hilliker
- Call a senior together. –Jordanya
- You could always have a group chat, with video as well. So it’s not just two people, but you have a group as well. –Gabrielle
- Try speaking in a foreign language. –Albert
- Try to FaceTime at tourist attraction. –George
- Share photographs. –Tim
- You could share funny family pictures with each other. –Grant
- Go online on your smartphone and take a walk. It would be a nice way to introduce your country/region to your date.
- Post pictures of points of interest where you live, then talk about them. –Theodore
PCG just sounds like the most exciting Church of God ever! Its no wonder Davey Pack feels like such a fool all the time.
At least they did not tell them to dress in Sabbath wear to chat.