Rod Meredith sent out a note to all his minsters and elders in May about their "new" understanding on the "marriage supper with the Lamb." One of the first things you notice in Rod's mssive is how he places himself on the same level of understanding as HWA. Apparenelty only HWA and Rod are the only inspired Church of God leaders who have ever preached the "truth."
Even more disturbing is the concept that Rod is trying to enforce on his members. The great apostasy that so many love to equate to WCG's rejection of HWA's theology is miniscule to what is still to come. 99% of the world will fall into apostasy while the remaining 1% of the elite of Armstrongism will be dining with
Please help them think through these “upgrades” in our understanding of the Wedding Supper, of the timeline of final events and also the great apostasy. This is a vital challenge for all of you, and I hope that you can be alert to anyone’s misunderstanding and help them—or help your local elder to work with them to come to understanding on these basic issues and help them realize that these changes are, in fact, simply “updates” of our understanding. As you know, we have always said—at least I have—that “someday” we would get the chance to go to heaven to see our Father even before the end of the Millennium. But we have not nailed it down and given the details of all of this—as Mr. Ames has done in recent months. We have always indicated—at least Mr. Armstrong, and I—that the apostasy would be much broader than just the falling away of a few people in the Worldwide Church. As I indicated at the conference, over 99% of the world never even heard about the Worldwide Church and certainly nothing about that falling away. So the really huge apostasy is still ahead of us—as we have explained—and will affect billions of human beings before it is all over!