Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dennis Muses: Facing the Final Curtain...

Three Church of God Shepherds Die in Fiery Thingy
 
The Day of Decision
Friday, August 30th, 2013

 

Danz Family: Christmas Play Shepherd

Nah.....just kidding! We're fine!

 
Luke 9:52-56
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
 
 
52 and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to make arrangements for Him. 53 But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. 54 When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” 55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; 56 for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.”] And they went on to another village.


And therein lies the difference between David C. Pack, the hot head "those who oppose me have bad stuff happen to them" and the Jesus of the Gospels.


Following is just one last reminder of Dave Pack's delusional  relationship between himself and the Creator of the Universe, or Multiverses depending on what you have considered about the nature of everything.  I thank Dr. Robert Thiel of COGwriter.com for the quotes which come from a sermon entitled "All Brethren United Soon" and not to be confused from the article for public consumption he wrote on   http://rcg.org/sep/gods-people-back-together-soon.html.  In the Restored Church of God there are public declarations of belief and then there are the private ones meant for members only which occasionally slip through the checkpoints and make it out.  Dave has been known to send his Hitler Youth to retrieve "for members only" sermons from the hands of the unworthy.



hitleryouthposter.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



In a sermon Dave says...


Quotes from the Sermon:  http://www.cogwriter.com/news/cog-news/rcgs-david-pack-declares-that-three-shepherds-will-die-on-august-30-2013-is-bob-thiel-one-of-them/


All Brethren United Soon Part 12


"How could so many things happen in 24 hours?


Minute 26. Three men die- Elul 24, (Friday, August 30th, 2013) then everyone makes a decision that day.


Minute 29. Certain things about this prophesy is very complex, others are very simple.
Minute 30. No way everything could happen in one day.


Minute 32. Do you care most how the 3 Shephard’s die?  In their sleep, by fire?
Do you care who they are?
If God tells us then I want to know otherwise it doesn’t matter.
You are going to find out how they die and who they are.


Minute 33. I know their names 100% sure. Don’t want the names out yet. Now I’m certain I know.
Do you care where it happens? I don’t know where it will happen.
I know how they die and who they are. I’m certain.


Minute 34. How about when they die?  They die sooner then we thought.
Do they die together or separately. I know they die together.
Two culminating events. The death of these men is the first. The central point is God is going to bring his people back together/unify his people."


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now tomorrow, three Shepherds could die in a fiery moment.  If things don't calm down in Syria it could be Assad of Syria, BibiNutcase Yahoo of Israel and Acmed the Shepherd on Mt. Carmel, but that's not what Dave Pack means of course.  And if you're like me, you do have to get past the God haunted fear that Rod Meredith might accidentally die of his old age and diabetes tomorrow or Gerald Flurry will burst into flames throwing gasoline on a barbecue to get the thing going.  I suppose Bob Thiel, who would be proud to at least be considered among the three could die if the California wildfires blew up in his neighborhood, but then we'd have to ask just what was God "trying" to tell Bob and he'd be out of favor real quick.  So I doubt these things will come to pass.  Victor Kubik would have to be on the list as President of United but I seriously doubt these guys will be in the same place tomorrow.  Gary and I have agreed to be extra careful driving and such tomorrow but also consider ourselves outside the Shepherding definitions and are mere bit players in this Joshua/Haggai mental drama.


All kidding aside, which is hard for me to do at times with the plague of passive aggressive humor running in my veins, what kind of a minister is David C Pack compared to what any Sunday School kid would know about a Gospel Jesus or any of the competing Apostles in the New Testament? 
Obviously Jesus wasn't real happy with the angry and vengeful wish to destroy those that didn't listen to Jesus.  I suspect guys bluster like that, not because they want to see that happen or even think it can, but it sends the message to Jesus that they are his boys, are defenders of him and probably trying too hard to impress him with their bravado.  Maybe not. Just seems more likely.  It's what guys do when they kiss up to the boss.


Now I'm not preaching here to anyone, but I do know that Dave Pack's attitude and use of the Old Testament instead of the New is pathologically flawed.  I also can't match up Gospel and Early Church Jesus and Apostles with Revelation Jesus but that's my problem.  The meanest thing I can find would be the Apostle Paul (of course) hoping that circumcisers would cut their binkies off all the way but I don't think he really meant that either literally.  Dave Pack literally is waiting for the God of Haggai, who is not any Jesus BTW, to zap these three bastards tomorrow literally.
However, just a few reminders for the RCG lurkers as the time draws near..


Jesus (Christ for the RCG crowd) says:



Non Violence:   Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place;  for those who live by the sword, die by the sword.  Matt 26:52.


Meek, Merciful, and Peacemakers:   Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth... Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy... Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.   Matt 5:5-9


Forgive Those Who Sin Against Us:   Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven..."  Matt 18:21-22


 Love your Enemies:  But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.   If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?   For even sinners love those who love them.   And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you?  For even sinners do the same. Luke 6:27-32


Love Your Neighbor, But Who is My Neighbor?:   And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" He said to him, "What is written in the law? How do you read?" And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself." And he said to him, "You have answered right; do this, and you will live." But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" Jesus replied, "A man (a genuine human being) was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead.... Now by chance a priest (or a Joshua if you please) was going down that road; and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. So likewise a Levite, (or a James Malm type) when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was; and when he saw him, he had compassion, and went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; then he set him on his own beast and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.' Which of these three, do you think, proved neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?" He said, "The one who showed mercy on him." And Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise." Luke 10:25-37


Early Church and New Testament Quotes for Peace  


No Evil for Evil:  Do not return evil for evil. Avenge not yourselves, but rather give way to wrath; for it is written, vengeance is mine; I will repay, says the Lord. Therefore if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsts, give him drink: for in so doing you shall heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.  Romans 12:17-21

Do Not Hate:  Whoever hates his brother is a murderer: and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.  I John 3:15


Do Not Hate:  If anyone says, I love God, but hates the brothers or sisters, he is a liar...Whoever loves God must also love the brothers and sisters.  I John 3:20, 21


No Revenge:  See that none render evil for evil to any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.  I Thessalonians 5:15


Now personally, I think if Dave Pack KNOWS by name,  that three human beings are going to die painful fiery deaths tomorrow, he should give them a call and warn them.  Maybe that's just me.  It's probably safer not to announce these names as when nothing happens, at least you don't have that egg on your face .  I also suspect it could be construed as a personal death threat which may have other implications.


David C. Pack is so very wrong. He is wrong theologically, ethically, morally, spiritually and literally.  He is not and never will be any fulfillment of any 2500 year old prophecy which was just meant for those folk in those days no matter what you think.  Dave Pack does not head up the only true church in the world and is not the sole repository off the mind of any God.  He may be sincere, I have no clue, but he is delusional and heading down the wrong road, which is his problem as long as one does not make it theirs as well.   My only goal is to cause critical thinking in those affected by Dave Pack.  What they do or don't do is up to them.  Life is choices.  Push back is the fuel for proving all things as we read as is vetting one's theological ideas before a multitude of counselors not on your payroll.  Since Dave allows no push back and has no genuine counselors in these matters, it seems a responsible thing to do on my own part and that of those who contribute here on Banned HWA



So that's it.  That's all I wanted to say.  It is now quiet time.  I'm feeling a bit smultsy and nostalgic so....

baby peace - Peace Photo (13782722) - Fanpop fanclubs


1.God be with you till we meet again;
by his counsels guide, uphold you,
with his sheep securely fold you;
God be with you till we meet again.


2. God be with you till we meet again;
neath his wings securely hide you,
daily manna still provide you;
God be with you till we meet again.


3. God be with you till we meet again;
when life's perils thick confound you,
put his arms unfailing round you;
God be with you till we meet again.


4. God be with you till we meet again;
keep love's banner floating o'er you,
smite death's threatening wave before you;
God be with you till we meet again.


Which will be September 2013 when we shall see how the rest of this crazy story goes...




11 comments:

Unknown said...

Although it is helpful that Thiel publishes info gathered from his readers that are "insiders" at Packs group, it is absolutely hilarious that Thiel envisions himself as potentially "one of the three".

Pack wants money and followers. Thiel has neither. It is pretty obvious that (in Packs grand fantasy) that it would be the heads of the three largest groups that would die. Kubik, Meredith and Flurry.

Again, in Packs twisted fantasy, this would have the most impact, and would result in the most amount of people coming to his cult.

Thiel has delusions of grandeur and glorifies the most insignificant things for his own self promotion. Braggarts and self promoters are always annoying, even when they actually DO have something to brag about. Those that dont, like Thiel, are in a special class of annoying.

Joe Moeller
Cody, WY

Anonymous said...

The "Christian" thing for Pack to do is to send each of the three a private message and let them know what he received in his dreams, whether from the devil or above, but that is not his purpose. He is influenced by satan and loves to bring excitement to his followers. Loves the authority he has and is playing with it to his own destruction.

You are correct Dennis, Pack is delusional and his followers are high on his prophecy statements. They are all in a daze.

This is a statement made by one of his followers, who I tried to warn: "Mr. Pack is God's Apostle. God's Church is very clear to me.
In time, the fruits of it will be very clear to the whole world. Doubters and scoffers and attackers will be silenced." Obviously, this man does not see Pack's attacks.

This is very sad to be so mislead, I like you Dennis, have a burden to wake them up from sleep. Nice use of the scriptures Dennis, thank you!

EC

Anonymous said...

A True or False APOSTLE - Restored Church of God (video from Michael Venish) Just noticed this...

SherlockHolmes1913 1 hour ago
I must confess that I am A baptized member of the Restored church of God, and I do not believe we are the "one and only true church". I also feel that there are other real christians out there that's not in the R.C.G. denomination. and I do admit that Mr. David Pack sometimes has shit for brains. But I am blessed to be in the Restored Church.

These are the followers that he loves, they just put everything under the rug and think God is blessing them.

COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE! DO NOT BE INFECTED. THEY WILL PAY A PRICE, SOONER OR LATER.

Byker Bob said...

Theme Song for Friday: "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads

Lyric sample, Dave's part:

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me I'm a real live wire.

Our part, chorus:

Psycho Killer, qu'est que c'est?
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away.......

BB

Anonymous said...

Dear God: sack Pack.

DennisCDiehl said...

Yes , it is laughable that Bob Thiel would think he would make the hit list of 3 Shepherds. Bob will knock himself off so no need for the Deity to focus energy on him.

I still can't explain why Dave would take this route. It makes no sense to me. If I thought my pastor had "shit for brains" as that fellow noted, I'd probably not be all that prone to giving him anything or taking anything he said seriously. So why would I stay? Good potlucks? Nice grass?

There are many kind and compassionate teachings in the NT and many are echoed by other religions from which Christian writers borrowed.

People are pawns to be used by Dave. They supply him with his resources, none of which he actually earns speaking the truth of anything. Anyone can cobble the scriptures together, put on a suit and weave a tale is they are half way intelligent and ballsy. Dave copies HWA as if that was some grand continuation of theological reality. It is not. It is the perpetuation of ignorance and delusion.

I miss being a church pastor from the standpoint of encouraging people in all that life brings. I miss teaching but admit I found less and less I had confidence in to teach dogmatically. I believe in Present Truth, not Plain Truth.

(Oh my..look what I found...lol No relation. http://www.presenttruthmag.com/Bible/34.html)

I suppose I consider speaking up to "theological power" and pushing back at ignorance in ministry a kind of ministry. I do have to watch the cheeky side and passive aggressive side a bit. I developed it in WCG when it was obvious that you thought one way on the inside and spoke another on the outside. I can't say I practiced that as much as "Ask and you shall not have. Do not ask and all things are possible." lol. The other trick was to avoid ministerial lunches and meetings as much as possible.

I still puddle up at the old hymns because of fond memories. Presbyterian memories, not WCG ones. And there are two parts of me it seems. The one that would want some things spoken of to be true and the realization that they aren't. These two pull at each other depending on the day and circumstances.

My going to Episcopal Church was out of respect for someone I am dating. I'll probably go again. It was boring and predictable from my standpoint and background but perhaps i'll end up having a great talk with the Rector someday, who knows.

anyway...how'd I get off into this ! lol. Off to check out a possible addition to my job.

Dave just obviously punches every WCG button I ever had....

Anonymous said...

"So why would I stay? Good potlucks? Nice grass?"

It must be all the foxy ladies wearing muumuus.

For many people, there's nothing sexier than a bikini clad hottie holding a semiautomatic rifle.

But for me, nothing spells 'sexytime' like an octogenarian in a muumuu holding her oxygen tank. (The feast bumper sticker on her walker is a definite plus, too!)

Anonymous said...

"These two pull at each other depending on the day and circumstances." That is the spiritual warfare in each of us. One is going to win, let it be from above for all of us.

Anonymous said...

well. at least the waiting for the Great Excuse will be over soon.

Anonymous said...

Bob Thiel is an idiot if he thinks he is in Pack's radar sites. Bob is a nobody in the COG realm. Insignificant number of members, hardly any worthwhile income to poach from.

James said...

How do we know that Dave didn't put a mob style hit on them?

Really, is anything beyond their grasp when money is the root of their existence?