Saturday, January 21, 2012

Women, Know Thy Place....



The Supreme Cult blog has an entry today about abuse in LCG of some men towards their wives.  I remember this same attitude being prevalent in Pasadena.  When ever a sermon was given for men to be rulers of their households, the women cringed.  They knew what was coming down the line over the next several weeks.  Their  husbands would be reclaiming their authority as rulers of the household.  Single men could be heard telling women that they wanted to date that the women HAD to date them because they were under men's authority.

The funny thing for me is that I know women in LCG who know their Bible better than a lot of the men and who could make better preachers!  That would go over like a lead  balloon though.

My husband went off to the sabbath today after threatening  me with a peace order whatever that is, and being arrested if I continue to “yell at him”.  I woke up this morning asking him to look at something that was malfunctioning and when I went to see why he wasn’t coming he accused me of ordering him and that he was the boss and he would not be disrespected. I was shocked and when I tried to explain myself that’s when it really hit the fan.  He has this weird idea that he is not the leader in the house and that I’m trying to take over, which couldn’t be further from the truth, however I can’t seem to do anything right, it’s like walking on eggshells.  He actually walked in the other day when my daughter and I were sitting together and stated that he was the boss and we were to obey him, he would not allow his God given authority to be challenged. My problem is that I’ve been married for almost 30 years, have no job, and no health insurance without him, so it’s really scary to think about leaving even though I think I’m being boxed into a corner.   He’s doing that living university college course and he is shorting his money in the stock market thinking the world is coming to an end soon.  That was working last year but now it appears he’s losing a fortune.

Check out the entire entry for another small story from another woman: 100% of Living Church of God ex Goers Say Meredith Changed Their Lives

5 comments:

DennisCDiehl said...

After my first Sabbath Sermon here in Greenville, SC years ago, a woman came up to to talk. She was testing me to see where I fit on the "dumbass minister scale."

She said, "Mr. Diehl, the previous minister would not let me ask me questions but told me to ask my husband at home. My question is, what if my husband is stupid?"

After laughing I said, you just ask me. She said, "I like you already!"

Anonymous said...

great cartoon!

Steve said...

DennisCDiehl said...
She said, "Mr. Diehl, the previous minister would not let me ask me questions but told me to ask my husband at home. My question is, what if my husband is stupid?"

After laughing I said, you just ask me. She said, "I like you already!"

MY COMMENT: Maybe she was just testing you to see if you thought you were smarter than her husband.I guess you thought you were.:-)

Anonymous said...

For the sake of your daughter if it gets any worse--and by worse I mean that his behavior breaches your tolerance level--then I'd suggest you get up and R-U-N! Run like Lot's wife, but don't look back!

Byker Bob said...

A man could probably attempt to follow this ridiculous distortion of Biblical marriage principles, but in most cases he's going to end up destroying his wife's love and admiration for him. The woman will certainly not feel very amourous at bedtime.


BB