Thursday, June 6, 2019

Richard Plaché Death




Richard Plaché has been mentioned several times here recently.  He died on May 7th.

Richard Freeman PlachéAge 83 

Richard was living at Fredricka Manor Retirement Community in Chula Vista.He had a fall on April 29th that lead to unexpected complications. 
Surrounded by family holding his hands in person, via phone and on Skype, he passed peacefully on May 7th. 
His transition was filled with love as we sang some of his favorite songs. 
As many of you know Richard loved to be close to his family and friends always. 
He was expressing love and gratitude for his life and relationships up until the very end. 
He is survived by his wife - Ruth E. Hanson PlachéOldest son and family in England - Jonathan Plaché, wife Roanne, grandson Nicolas Plaché in Shanghai (wife Tiffany), granddaughter Sasha Plaché Devilliers in England (husband Leroux).Daughter in San Diego, CA - Sharon Plaché, husband David Drexler.Son and family in Manhattan Beach, CA - Stephen Plaché, wife Cindi, 2 grand daughters Estelle and Ellis Plaché.Son in San Diego, CA - Benjamin Plaché.


7 comments:

Lake of Fire Church of God said...

Mr. Plache is remembered fondly as the Pastor of the Worldwide Church of God congregation in Richmond, Virginia during the 1960s.

I still have my sermon notes from my 8 years in the WCG (1968 - 1976) including the infamous 1969 Jekyll Island Feast of Tabernacles - infamous because of the hurricane that threaten the world's largest tent. My notes record the following sermons/sermonettes made by Mr. Plache at Jekyll Island that year:

September 27, 1969 Sermon - "Get the most out of the Feast"
September 30, 1969 Sermonette speaking before sermon by Herbert W. Armstrong - "Blessings that come in disguise"
October 3, 1969 Sermon - "God did not design the flesh being as the ultimate in life"
October 4, 1969 Last Great Day Sermon - "Why we are here"

I am sure if I went through my notebooks I could find other sermons spoken by Mr. Plache and recorded by my pen. His life is a reminder that we are all just dust in the wind. The world we knew is no more.

Richard

Anonymous said...

Truly one of the good men of the church, unlike any of the current ministerial leaders in the splinters.

SHT said...

Im surprised the "Why We Are Here" sermon was given on LGD, that one was usually on Opening Night. At least in my recollections.

Anonymous said...

If I reach 83, I wouldn't complain. Nice old age.

Tonto said...

As I have been told...

Plache was an excellent and compelling speaker. Also an immaculate dresser, and a handsome man.

He later got into trouble with the IRS after his WCG days, for helping people create their own churches/charities as tax dodges for sheltering income.

After that, he had some type of concession, running or leasing of "kiddie rides" for carnivals and such.

Im sure he had some stories to tell, which I wish were told. I was sad when David Jon Hills series of reminisces and history (which were tremendously revealing and insightful) abruptly ended with his sudden death. He revealed how the determination of "which Israelitie tribes were which modern nation" , were decided over "beer and pizza" , in a most very unscientific and off the cuff manner, without any real research or empirical proof.

nck said...

Yeah Tonto.

As a matter of fact. Among my very first memories (3 - 4 years old) are long coated men telling my mum to be careful at the merry go round with us. I asked "who are they mummy".

She said, that is Mr Plache!

The other memory is me staring at the colorful lighting in a large hall, while a man was shouting in front of the crowd. Who was that mummy? That was Mr Meredith!

Next day I decided to go to kindergarten. But I didn't like it there. Couldn't understand the nurses who were lovely with their sixties coal smoky eyes.

Ah well. Later I took a traditional donkey ride at the Feast as was customary among my constituency.

nck

Al Dexter said...

Ah, yes. He's from my time. We were all young and full of zeal. I guess he hung with the delusion all his life. I always liked him. He was a mixed bag, as are we all but sincere, as far as I could tell. We're all headed the same way. We'll soon all be forgotten. Guess I'd better make this day count too.