Tuesday, August 6, 2024

The Foolish, Arrogant and Biblically Illiterate Shepherd David C Pack



It's no secret, if one listens to Dave Pack, the theological misfit, he feels that he knows more than anyone else about the Bible. Evidently reading it and then cut and pasting the parts that tend to agree with him and even point to him motivates him to spin one false biblical scenario after the next ad nauseum. Those who enable Dave, stroke his ego and refuse to confront him keep the fables flowing.

Dave Pack is not a trained theologian. His education was in Bible reading and the false practice of "here a little, there a little, line upon line, precept upon precept" misunderstanding of that scripture's context, which is nowhere near the meaning the Churches of God ascribe to it. 

"Here a little, there a little"

Dave Pack knows nothing about the actual sciences and no, he did not study and settle the topic of evolution "50 years ago" once and for all. I took the same stupid and ignorant class he did and just trust me, it was stupid and ignorant. Dave's understanding is at the level of "A Whale of a Tale" and a "Theory for the Birds" which WCG published to settle the question of "no, evolution did not happen" once and for all. It was grossly out of date scientifically when published as was the course material Dave claims he studied 50 years ago. 

Aron Ra slaughtered Dave Pack's series on Creationism and why Evolution cannot be true with 19 a Pack crushing series of his own as to why it is.

 

Dave knows nothing of the actual background and composition of the Old Testament. He takes obviously borrowed mythologies as being literally true. He knows nothing of Gospel origins, authorship, politic and intent. He never studied such topics. They were never understood by the WCG faculty or ministry much less taught. Herbert Armstrong was merely a charismatic Bible reader and the pattern Dave Pack found to fit his own ego and theological nonsense.

Dave knows nothing of the first century political and theological intrigues between the Jerusalem Apostles and the Apostle Paul. He probably does not realize that Paul wrote, lived and died before any Gospel was ever penned and comes first in the story of the NT. I doubt Dave would understand that Paul never met Gospel Jesus nor why he never quotes him. 

Dave certainly would never entertain the idea that the Book of Revelation is not for anyone today or that "to show things (THEN) which must shortly come to pass" and "Behold I come quickly" meant "to them not us" and, of course, didn't happen.  He'd argue it is "both then and yet now again", but he'd be wrong. 

And of course, there really are not any Old Testament references to David C Pack's coming, mission or message. 

Nonetheless, there has never quite been the expert in all things like David C Pack. 

Just ask him.

I’ve come to the point whereas I’ve explained, I’m encyclopedic on the Bible, I can just study it in my mind, I can call up these verses and I just then I just said, ‘I’m not gonna stop.’ Then I took a pause and by nightfall I was over a hundred and eventually over a hundred and ten.”

 “It just never happened. I’ve studied Church history like no one I’ve ever knownmaybe there’re some who know it better than I do, but I wrote a lot about it, I’ve talked about it, and I’ve I’ve harkened to this point.”

 “I’ve been studying God’s word for almost 50 years. And I’ve studied prophecy, I know

this, like no man who’s ever lived. And I’m gonna tell you things over the next several weeks that are so awesome, so mind-bending, even before today.”

 “I’m telling you, brethren, I understand this. I’m equipped. I am trained to understand. I know what war is, I’ve studied it all my life.”

 “I’ve studied prophecy, I am sure, by far, more than anybody who ever lived.”

 “I’m not the Apostle Paul, but I am one and I understand what he’s thinking. I’m sure I’ve pastored more people than he did. He probably traveled more in many ways. Maybe raised up more congregations, although I raised up almost fifty, but I don’t know...”

 “This is a profound understanding and nobody ever put it together and it was my task to do that and begin to explain it to the church. I’m going to tell you, I think there probably are still a few flaws in what I’ve said, but very few.”

 “What we learned on Thursday night, nobody on earth knows! Nobody knows it. My whole life I’ve dug into these things. I know prophecy better than any man alive. I’ve said it before, if you think I’m arrogant saying it, as I like to say, ‘Then, pray for me.’ But I’m gonna tell you I’ve dug and dug and dug like nobody I ever knew...and now a thousand wise men could not convince me I’m wrong.”

 “These are mysteries. Nobody understood any of this. I didn’t and took me a while to put it together. I mean, I feel like I could write a new King James Bible better, with the Greek and Hebrew. They were fine, I’m not I’m not trying to brag, but I’ve had to. That’s where I got up to and I do estimate it’s about 9000 hours of study on this.”

 “Look, maybe there’re people who know New Testament Church history better than I, but I but I I’ll bet there aren’t three in the last two thousand years, partly because I live at the end of it and I’ve studied it and written long books on it and studied it...”

For the whole nauseating list of Dave's quotes about himself see:

DCP_Like-No-One-Else.pdf - Google Drive

=================

Dave Pack Defined

5 Signs You're in an Abusive Church (crosswalk.com)

 The cult of the leader.

Abusive communities often have a dynamic leader. They appear personable and engaging. They command attention and energize a room. They teach with authority (often quite loudly) and employ a multitude of scriptural references. At face value, it appears as if their leadership is biblically based and divinely blessed.

While the teachings of the leader may appear biblical, there is often little discussion of the biblical text in its historical or theological context. Scripture verses are used as proof-texts alone. 

Teachings are designed to illustrate the leader’s special knowledge or experience. Either by prayer or personal study, the leader is deemed to understand the correct application of Scripture, an application that others fail to notice. Importantly, as the leader alone holds this secret knowledge, individuals are dissuaded from asking questions or researching the topic themselves.

These dynamics create an exalted status of the leader. In abusive communities, the leader is to be followed blindly. His or her leadership is understood to be divinely ordained. Questioning the leader, therefore, amounts to questioning God’s holy and unalterable word. The continuous message to the community is “be like the leader” rather than “be like Jesus.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave Pack presides over the Cut And Paste Church Of God C&PCOG ✂️đź“–đź“š

sounds more like the name of a railroad

Anonymous said...

Dave is stuck in the past. Unless he just began, he doesn't use a computer so he doesn't cut and paste. He writes notes on a yellow legal pad which is proudly waves around before his congregation of all the notes he's made on the scripture topic. His gospel is whatever is pops into his head and his conclusions are made up imaginings of a self-important ego maniac.

Anonymous said...

Davey presides over The Memory Hole Church of God because whenever a date or proof is set, it is destined to be forgotten and replaced by a more perfect unbelievable astounding truth.

In football terms Davey makes a play, calls an audible, and then when it doesn’t work out says “we” got it wrong.

DennisCDiehl said...

The analogy holds. Dave has jumped the Biblical and theological tracks long ago and the members are indeed being railroaded and taken for a ride.

Anonymous said...

Cults aren't exclusively religious. The Nazis and commies are also cults with their own Popes.

Anonymous said...

Num 15:29
Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.