Here we go again, another splinter in the hundreds and hundreds that have whored themselves off the mother church. Here we go again with another church service that is contains nothing original. It's the same mind-numbingly boring format. Plus, it seems that prophet Thiel is admitting he is NOT a good speaker. That's not a good way to start a new splinter cult by admitting that you have no speaking ability.
Our plan was to try to upload church services within a couple of days of videoing them. Unlike some other groups, we really will spend almost no time doing any editing, but as we have no hired staff, this seems to be the best way to handle weekly services. So, please realize that God does not always call leaders who are the most polished speakers (Exodus 4:10-11).
However, once we actually tried to tape the music, YouTube, and sermon, we ran into a variety of technical problems with cameras etc. So the new plan will be to ask the services be handled as follows (realizing that there may need to be modifications:
It is likely that I may have to do today’s sermon over again and simply have that placed online as opposed to the entire service as originally hoped for.
- 2-3 hymns (we are using the 1974 Bible Hymnal from the old WCG)
- Opening prayer by an appropriate male (Dan Mattson, grandson of the Herbert W. Armstrong opened here in Arroyo Grande today).
- Sermonette (short 8-15 minute subject) or Bible New Prophecy YouTube (which is what we watched today).
- Announcements and one hymn.
- Sermon (which for most will be a recorded one)
- Final hymn.
- Closing prayer by an appropriate male.
Eventually, we will need to put together a Passover service and give additional consideration to how to handle Holy Day services.