Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Felon and False Prophet Ron Weinland Struggling to Maintain Control As Members Leave And Speak Out



Ever since Ron Weinland made his prophecy that failed in 2008, he has been steadily losing members.  The exodus quickly sped up once he was imprisoned for 3 1/2 years and his crazy wife and money laundering daughter took over and started preaching.  Now that the felonious false prophet is out of jail, he has been making the rounds of his dwindling churches.  His latest live broadcast of his sermon only garnered 190 people.

More and more members are exiting and publicly ridiculing the moron.  Here is one such person:

Enough is Enough says:
I have a message for you ronald william miller weinland.
You were, at one time, a darkness surrounding my spiritual life and I now rejoice that your shadow of darkness and evil is no longer in my world. My world is now bright and beautiful since the moment I rejected you and cast you to the ground!! You are a dark and evil element that is destructive to any who come near you.
In my eyes, your life is meaningless and will end in disgrace and failure. You are a liar and deceiver and will pay that price at the end of your pitiful and decaying life. Your time is short weinland!! Your “Great Disappointment of June 9, 2019” is the approaching storm that will end it all for you. As of now, you are naked before the world because of all of your lies and deceit – you are now exposed –
You are a curse to yourself and those you have taken advantage of over the years. Destroyed marriages, financial ruin to innocent people for all of the deceit and lies that you spewed prior to May 2012. And yet you still are lying and stealing from any who will listen to you. You will curse the day of June 9, 2019!!! It will be a day of reckoning for you weinland!!! A day I look forward to and I will see justice for all of the arrogance by you and your twisted wife. My stomach churns at the claim of you two as being the “chosen ones” of these times!! I have a clear view of you and it sicken me to think that the both of you have the gull to claim such a thing!!! The two of are nothing more than human debris. 
The mere though of you and your wife is vomit in my mouth!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the day after June 9, 2019 sounds like the day Ronald has decided to retire on. He has to give a definite date to keep them hanging in there and tithing a little longer, then he'll bank what he gets between now and then, effectively retire the next day, and maybe put in a token work from that day forward, just to keep the lawyers away and pretend to be running a religious organization.

Steve D said...

Strong letter to follow.

Anonymous said...

Why did it take the 'Enough is enough' poster so long to see the light?

Byker Bob said...

The thing is that in 2008, some people actually thought he knew what he was talking about. In those pre-prison days, there was his book, and he was even getting some positive media attention. It looked like he was a happening dude. Since then, his prophecies have followed the typical Armstrongism pattern of failure, he's aged not too gracefully, there is an excellent blog presenting factual material about him, and his church members have learned not to fear him. Rather than realizing that church-building involves long range retention of elders and members, he has conducted numerous purges. I would also suspect that of 190 hits, a sizable percentage were checking him out for reasons that are negative to his ministry.

Not all of the ACOGs are on as rapid a greased downward slide, but all are in decline. Hallelujah!

BB

Hoss said...

Ron has never been one of my COGleaders of interest, but I did click a link on another blog years ago and listened to a radio interview about his 2008 book. In the interview, he said that if his predictions did not occur, he would admit he was a false prophet.
Now would be a nice time for Ron to admit he has been wrong all these years, apologize, and shut up shop. Maybe his example would inspire others to do the same.

Dennis said...

It is amazing how long people go before they find something up with which they shall not put

Anonymous said...

It is a characteristic of Armstrongism that things can go way surreal and the radical nature of the transformation can leave you breathless. I knew Ron Weinland when he first started attending the WCG back when. He was from somewhere in Kansas. My application to attend AC had just been resoundingly rejected. The Draft during the Vietnam War was breathing down my neck and I went off to BS as a 1-W. Weinland went off to Bricket Wood, I believe, and then showed up at BS later when BW was closed. At one point he was going to hitch a ride with me from BS back to Kansas. After that, in memory, I lose track of him.

These are homey details and I relate them for a reason. Everything seemed so normal about these events - even placid. Weinland seemed like a fine and likable person. I looked up to him because he could get into AC BS and I could not - he had to have something on the ball that I didn't have. He ended up in preparation for the ministry and I ended up in the "untouchable" caste at AC BS being derided by AC students. AC BS was a pretty campus. McCullough was giving "powerful" sermons in the Field House. Everything seemed to be in its ordained place.

Now I am utterly and happily disconnected from Armstrongism and Weinland is what he is and AC BS is an odd little dystopia fading in memory. I could have never predicted or even conceived of these outcomes.

So when I read about Weinland I am always shocked at the descrepancy between what was a foregone conclusion and what actually happened. This first preoccupies my mind and I find I give little attention to the facts concerning his religious activities. Just a personal observation.

Unknown said...

William Miller , who had a failed prophecy in 1844 about the Second Coming, was a much more decent human being and person than Ron Weinland will ever be. Miller was in error, but a man of high character. Weinland was in error, but a criminal, manipulator, and sociopath.

Gordon Feil said...

That was a good effort not to end the sentence with a preposition.

Anonymous said...

Weinland came along after my time at Worldwide, so I know nothing about him, but I do know he's a master of the the old bullshit game with grandiose delusions about himself. In the end, he'll up and die alone like all of us will. His delusions about himself will amount to precisely zero and anything he's built will evaporate into nothingness.

I'm actually glad I never got ordained into the ministry. It's a very deceitful trap and only a few, like Dennis Deahl, manage to fully extricate themselves. As it was, when the debacle of 1975 came along, my eyes began to open wide (actually, somewhat earlier), and it wasn't hard at all to walk away. They'd already surmised that I, along with several compatriots, was a non-goose stepping rebel. Of course, they wanted to hold onto me as a no account tithe paying sheep, but my attitude and the attitude of most of my close friends was "buzz off."

One of my fellow letter answerers got a good education and ended up a college professor and dying three years ago after retiring back to South Dakota. Another couldn't shake religion and ended up in Lutheran seminary and became a Lutheran minister plus being a big wheel in the creationist society. He's also retired now. A close friend who wasn't in my department ended up a rather well-known hypnotherapist who has written several successful books and addresses seminars all over the world.

I, myself, became a business entrepreneur in Pasadena, then Phoenix and finally retired to Cottonwood, AZ where I'm very contented and expect to live out my final years.

We all have our stories. We all had to make our choices. Overall, I'm basically happy with the outcome. I wonder if Weinland can truthfully say that?

Allen C. Dexter

CJ said...

This letter could substitute the names of Bob Thiel, Dave Pack, Herbert W. Armstrong, Garner Ted and the rest.
It fits them all.
False preachers of a false judaizing religion.