Poor Dave. Yet again he lashes out at other COG's because no one in them wants to jump into his personality cult.
Today he posted his latest Friday Update on the most superfantabulistic COG ever to exist in human history. There is no COG greater than the Restored Church of God. There is no COG doing such a mind boggling "work" as the Restored Church of God. There is no COG leader in human history that has ever been as awesome and magnificent as Davey. He is the Superman of the COG's! Kneel at his awesomeness, marvel at his wisdom, and laugh at him all you want.
He first lists all the qualities that he claims the leaders of the various COG's are using to keep their members blinded to the awesomeness of Dave. What Dave did in posting this was to describe the very things he does in his organization!
For now, until circumstances force public admission of (deep) decline, expect more cover-ups. They look like this:
1) Outright denials that there is “trouble.” Dave denies his group is having trouble.Top leaders must continue employing these and other techniques (more could be listed) in months to come to get you to believe all is well. They must put a positive face on what is really NO expansion, NO advancement and NO progress of ANY kind. They must spin events and speak falsely or the truth of their condition would be known—and that must not be allowed to happen. See through hollow comments, and shallow cover-ups.
2) Minimizing falling income. Dave minimizes his steady to lagging income. There is no major growth.
3) Twisting the “narrative” of what is happening to fit agendas. Dave twists the narrative about his life to fit his agenda. Embellishments abound that many people know to be outright falsehoods.
4) Declarations that “everything is fine,” even to the point of “protesting too much.” In a sense, this will confirm what is occurring for those who can discern such denials for what they really are—admissions. Dave cannot shut up about how fantastic his group is. That is a sure sign that things are NOT as he implies.
5) Announcing that “God is testing us!” when God is not working through them and has never led them. God is always testing Dave's group. He is constantly reminding his members that they are lacking in God's spirit when they do not give all their income to him.
6) Claiming “Satan is attacking us!” when their problems are God’s doing. Dave is always worried about Satan. He cant shut up about the guy.
7) Speak of unity even though the organization is shot-full of dissension and division. Dave gives the impression that his group is 100% unified. It is not, I can guarantee that! too many readers share things here. Too many people share their horror stories with Exit and Support Network. Dave's cult is broken and diseased.
8) Introduce more false teachings to distract members with supposed doctrinal “advancements.” But leaders will be careful not to go too far too fast, as did the WCG leaders, knowing this would trigger an exodus, the opposite of what they are so desperately seeking to avoid. Paralleling the WCG apostates, UCG announced that it plans to spend much time at its May conference discussing “spiritual gifts.” Besides appealing to people’s vanity—because brethren can now see themselves as “gifted”—this becomes its own form of obfuscation. It gets people’s minds off the ongoing daily train wreck (UCG) in which they exist. Dave burdens his members with unnecessary laws, rules and regulations that have destroyed marriages and torn families asunder
9) Create other diversions to distract members. Announce new programs, projects, committees, promotions, etc. Dave is constantly announcing new programs, projects and articles to divert peoples attention away from the corruptible filth that exists in his group.
10) Marginalize, attack and disfellowship members and ministers who leave or won’t buckle under pressure. Dave marginalizes members and spouses of RCG members. Dave disfellowships anyone he thinks might stand up to him. Dave publicly rebukes those he kicks out for their bad attitude and threatens members with there salvation if they communicate with these people.
11) Attack the one exposing what is happening, and try to get him to stop so they can get away with what they are doing. Dave attacks the leaders of the various groups for exposing him and his lies. Dave attacks blogs, newsgroups, and web sites that are critical of him.
Bloggers, critics and self-appointed leaders without the facts will further confuse everything more than they are already. As organizations continue their slow-motion collapse, these outsiders will look to garner a greater following. Others will mock and lampoon these announcements because, like most in the world who make only a pretense of being Christian, they have no true interest in what God’s Word says.
Then Dave lashes out at various COG's and their leaders.
United Church of God. This may be the most weak and broken organization ever built by men who thought they were serving God. UCG literally has more false doctrines than true ones. And brethren there are so used to public discussions about taking care of ministers that they have grown numb to this constant focus on self-preservation. With income dropping, and a decimated leadership in recent times, what could hardly seem to get worse will.Then to show that Davey reads this blog, he goes and quotes the very things I posted the other day about the lackluster COGWA. Too funny!
Church of God, a Worldwide Association (COGwa), which constantly emphasizes ministerial job security, retirement and benefit packages. Almost no work of any kind is being done there. For instance, now well over two years old, they just produced their first booklet (an e-booklet only, not hardcopy). This is worse than pitiful. And they just publicly reported (without embarrassment), “The PC Department emailed 40 people and telephoned an additional person for a total of 41 outgoing contacts for December 2012” and “The Personal Correspondence Department mailed 77 responses (including one surface mail letter) in January 2013, making the month’s activity one of our highest” and “We sent out 49 emails and one surface mail letter in February, for a total of 50…” Astonishing! These are both truly much ado about nothing—ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Philadelphia Church of God recently announced that it has seen a drop in income in virtually every category, including some with severe drops, all since 2013 began. One category did stay flat, which means it declined just due to inflation. Never forget that inflation requires at least minimal growth for any organization to just tread water. This is the single greatest reason that the splinters growing at a few percent annually look almost exactly as they did 15-18 years ago.
COG-PKG false prophet (Ron Weinland), currently in prison, will probably soon see his group collapse or even completely disappear. One month from today, at sunset on May 19, after Christ did NOT return on Pentecost, hundreds or many hundreds of people may leave him that night. In fact, giant cracks having already appeared in his organization, he announced a fast for this week. Where will these hundreds go? Weinland is already conditioning people to stay, and probably simultaneously working on how to explain being wrong again—both of these while coming to grips with over three more years in prison.
The Living Church of God is sinking perhaps faster than anyone—media pullback, contracting income and continuing financial incompetence, internal dissension, rampant health problems, people leaving, etc. And regarding false doctrine, its leadership is doubling down on errors. The Council in LCG is now quietly talking of introducing what will be more false teachings.For 10 weeks now Dave has been posting this letters as proof of his awesomeness and how superfantabulisitc his personality cult is. Yet, people are not leaving the COGs to join up with him. Their money is nowhere to be found! Dave is pissed!
Many thousands are reading these Friday announcements and either agreeing with them or hoping they are true because it means we will all be back together. THEY ARE TRUE! However, seeing that large numbers are not moving toward God’s Church, and being too weak to act on their own, these thousands choose the easier path of believing there is safety in numbers.
Um Dave....RCG is NOT God's church. Never has been and never will be. It doesn't matter how many ministers you poach from UCG and LCG, the RCG is an impotent little personality cult.