Poor Dave Pack and Gerald Flurry! If they had only saved their members tithe money they could have bought a ready made original COG campus that would have a place of honor close to the European Union. Imagine having a front row seat to film the rise of the Holy Roman Empire in Europe! Instead these poor losers are stuck now in the boonies of Oklahoma and a wooded lot in Ohio. Ohio! Puuulease!
Sources from England have informed me that the Bricket Wood campus is for sale yet again. The WCG sold the property around 1974 and shipped off those students who were willing to Pasadena.
The property is now called Hanstead Park. HSBC ceased using the property in 2011 and was purchased by a another company managed by St Conger Land Limited.
The 185 acre property would be an ideal home for a Church of God minister with a big ego and a fat wallet.
A brief history of the property:
- The Hanstead Park site at Bricket Wood has a rich and varied history. Hanstead House was originally built in the 1860′s using new merchant wealth. Richard Harrison, a wealthy landowning Yorkshireman, was the owner and builder of Hanstead House. The property was sold to three or four families throughout the next forty years until Sir David Yule, a Far East Jute magnate, purchased the property in 1902. He died in 1928, having re-built the house in which his wife and family continued to live until 1958.
- An American evangelical religious movement called the Worldwide Church of God bought the estate in 1958 and established the site as a Theological College, developing the property further, building the Sports Centre, the restaurant building, a teaching block and what is now called Wayfoong Hall. They also excavated the land and created the lakes in 1966. They raised the land outside the Sports Centre to create the running track and sports pitches. The college closed in 1974.
- The Central Electricity Generating Board bought the site in 1978, creating their Central Staff Training Centre and adding the glass fronted Training Building in 1993.
- The site was acquired by HSBC in 1994, after which it was used as a management training college until its closure in late 2011.
- St Albans City and District Council closed Bricket Wood Sports Centre in 2010 because it was performing very poorly in both financial and usage terms.
- In April 2012, the site was purchased by a company managed by St Congar Land Limited.