Friday, September 11, 2015

Philadelphia Church of God: More Evil from the Cult Compound of Gerald Flurry


It seems like almost every day now stories are popping up on various Internet sites about the horrendous spiritual, mental and physical abuse that is going on in the Philadelphia Church of God personalty cult.  Of all the hundreds of groups that make up Armstrongism now, this has to be the most vile and degenerate one out there.

With its evil ungodly doctrines and regulations to its equally degenerate leadership and ministry, the PCG is wrecking havoc in countless lives.

Below is the story of a man who recently left the cult and what the PCG did to rip his marriage apart.
When I left Philadelphia Church Of God (an extremely controlling cult that practice shunning of those members who decide to leave) my wife decided to divorce me.  She told me she counseled about it with the ministers, "every step of the way."  (Why is that not a comfort to me?  Google Mike's Enlightenment page and read there, or just google Philadelphia Church Of God and read some of the stories of people who left also the story from Fox News. ( I had a personal friend who committed suicide because of his experience.)    I did not want a divorce but I have no choice in Arizona.  Now I have to either sell my home or pay her $55000 for her half.  The problem is that I started building my home using a pre 1978 mobile home as the core and then refurbished it and added on to it more than doubling its' size.  This was to be our retirement home so we didn't intend to sell.  Now that I am forced to sell or to get an equity loan to pay my wife for her half, I find there is no financing available because of the age of that mobile I started with. This also means the sale price will be low. In my 70th year I have just a small social security check each month.  It is a frightening prospect to have to start over at this age. If you can identify with the treatment I am getting from a very nasty cult then perhaps you could spare a dollar or two.  I don't know if this will work but I have tried everything else.  Please help. Also please share this story. Thank you very much.  P.S. I still care about my wife and I've told her that we can both live in our home and enjoy our retirement but she absolutely refuses.  I know she is being manipulated.  They don't care about her well being either. Save My Home

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I sympathize but am in no position to offer any help. I gather you live in Camp Verde. I'm in Cottonwood and you can find me on Facebook.

I left WCG in 1974 and my wife also divorced me. It was for the good, but we had no property to divide. At almost 81, I'm very happy with my present wife and we get by each month. Check out my site. I think we have much in common. My email is: phylandal@centurylink.net.

Byker Bob said...

It seems as if just about everything breaks up marriages today. The one factor that you don't expect to break up your marriage would be your church. Those are the guys who are supposed to be preserving the sanctity of marriage.

So, the wife is taking this course of action due to ministerial counselling. You have to wonder how they will counsel her to use the $55,000.
Statistically, in a divorce situation, the woman's financial picture tends to worsen to a greater degree than the man's. $55,000 will not go very far in supplementing Social Security, but I would bet dollars for a police officer's favorite pastry that this woman will be counselled to turn over her settlement to Jerry Sixpack. And, then, later on, PCG will do nothing for her as she is relegated to comparison shopping for dog food.

PCG and their members would be better off following the teachings of St. Paul.

BB

Redfox712 said...

What a horrifying story.

In PCG "love" is redefined as "obeying PCG's leaders." Once one under PCG's influence starts thinking like this all manner of abusive behavior becomes possible.

Morristown NJ said...

The PCG is a destroyer of lives and the members are not Christian in any sense of the word. They are judgmental, self righteous and harsh. Not a loving bone in their bodies.
I was a member in the 90's. Leaving is the best thing anyone can do. They have alienated children from parents and wives and husbands.
What a sad case and yes, they will somehow take hold of that woman's money. Money she would need to live on!
Their policy flies in the face of Paul's admonition for couples to stay together if one is pleased to dwell but PCG people read booklets and do not know what the bible teaches on any subject really.
They are a true cult.

Anonymous said...


“It seems like almost every day now stories are popping up on various Internet sites about the horrendous spiritual, mental and physical abuse that is going on in the Philadelphia Church of God personalty cult. Of all the hundreds of groups that make up Armstrongism now, this has to be the most vile and degenerate one out there.”


Gerald Flurry's PCG is clearly the vilest and most degenerate of the splinter groups, but David Pack's competitive nature is rearing its ugly head and his RCG is going to try to outdo the PCG at destroying people and causing them to lose their religion. The PCG got off to a big head start at going bad, but the RCG has raging Dave driving it backward and downward. It is a race to the bottom.

Unfortunately, people in other splinter groups like the LCG and UCG are running into some problems too with their own corrupt leaders.

The tiny splinter group slivers are just nuts.



Anonymous said...


“If you can identify with the treatment I am getting from a very nasty cult then perhaps you could spare a dollar or two. I don't know if this will work but I have tried everything else. Please help. Also please share this story.”


Nope!

I know very well how evil and satanic the PCG cult is, and no I will not be giving you “a dollar or two,” nor will I share your sad-sack money-seeking story with anyone else.

Why do PCG people always seem to want nothing but illicit sex and/or money continually whenever they come around no matter how old they get?

The PCG is full of gossip, lies, slander, sexual immorality, wicked members, fake ministers, and even a false prophet at the top of the dungheap to misdirect the tithes and offerings into teaching the exact diametrical opposite of what HWA had taught in the past.

The PCG is a curse that just keeps on taking and costing.

ArtFern said...

I have been trying to figure out how the WWCOG's Lookalikes can stay in business to built their micro-colleges, their concert halls, write and send out their magazines, and finally to build offices and mailing centers. From the time I began to study the newer religions, the WWCOG offshoots, target audiences, are pretty much the same. Led by hucksters Pack and Flurry or Pachyderm and Fury the same mission is is declared: to unite all the WWCOG Looklike members into their group because their Big Guy has written more words that any man who ever lived, that their leadership isn't as controlling, or simply that they are closest to Herbert W's church, without the incest.
Well, if you're only going after former WWCOG people, how can you avoid remaining small and insignificant? If the WWCOG had 100,000 members, in time many left Armstrongism or went from one splinter to another without finding a home so they move away from the whole mess. And then we have the very painful examples of people being mistreated and leaving. Maybe the overall number has fallen to 40,000-50,000 in total with 5% passing away yearly, who were members of the original.
People tell me that the largest groups may have 5,000-6,000 members meaning that the financial burden on the members must be pretty oppressive in order to copy Armstrong's works. It would seem to me that missionary work should be Job #1 not the TV show or magazine and certainly not unaccredited colleges and concert halls. I'd be interested in what you all think about the future of the movement.
I am very sorry for the painful treatment many you have experienced, Jehovah Witnesses seem to also be on the decline due to child sexual abuse, suicide related to shunning and doctrines that change like the weather.