The Church of God has always been blessed by having so many prophets, scholars, and end times witnesses in its midst. While a few have been women though the overwhelming majority are self-appointed men who feel they have a higher calling than the dumb sheeple and therefore need to be heard.
Well over ten years ago one of the biggest liars in the Church of God proclaimed himself one of the end time Two Witnesses. Ron Weinland went on to make many SURE predictions and prophecies that we all now know to be complete utter bullshit. 2008 came and went as Weinland was publicly humiliated in San Francisco at an Idea City conference:
"I don't recall anywhere in Rev 11, where God makes His #1 prophet/servant sick and disabled. How are the TWs going to do there job, if the lead man is sick and disabled? Did God drop the ball? Did God forget to give Ron the health he needs to do his job? Or MAYBE Ron is a false prophet?"
"(Rev 11:3) And I will give [power] to My two witnesses, and they will prophesy a thousand, two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.
How hard can it be? If you just believe what is written, it's easy....
THEY BOTH TESTIFY. The verse is plain, the English is clear, BOTH witnesses testify. They both do it EVERY DAY for 1260 days. They don't testify/preach/prophecy on Monday, and then take the rest of the week off. They don't go on cruises and get deep tissue massages, while browsing through the Fredrik's of Hollywood catalog for expensive panties. They both work and they both preach for 1260 days.
1) BOTH the Two Witnesses are MEN (YLT Zec 4:14 And he said, These are the two sons of fresh oil who stand by Jehovah of the whole earth. )
Instead of making excuses by trying to force the verse to mean "children" instead of "sons", why not just believe what is plainly stated? IT'S SO EASY. Believing the truth is easy, believing lies is hard work.
2) They both prophesy
3) They both defend themselves if necessary, by killing their enemies by breathing fire on them (they are COMMANDED by God to kill their enemies, it is not an "option")
4) They both stand toe to toe facing the Beast Leader and his army.
5) They turn rivers to blood
6) They cause droughts for as long as they wish
7) They have discretion to call down as many plagues as they please
8) They both get martyred
9) They both get resurrected
10) As "payment", 7000 give their lives for killing these two prophets...