Sunday, March 19, 2023

Bob Thiel Upset Over Satan's Minions On Banned, Smears Serbian Members Who Left


 

This just gets better by the day!

One of the reasons for posting this is that Satan's minions at the anti-COG Banned by HWA website are elated+ that the Continuing Church of God (CCOG) lost about ten people this year. Eight were from Serbia. All of them rejected biblical governance for various reasons. The fact that we gained over 250 this month in Lodwar is not something they were interested in mentioning.

Anyway, at least one of the ill-informed at Banned posted things to the effect that the CCOG lost 1/2 of its Caucasian members as that poster apparently thought we had more people in Serbia than we had. Another commented that the CCOG would lose most of its African members, because we would be losing the financial support of the Serbians. That, of course is absurd. The Serbian group has been subsidized for years by the CCOG--they have never supplied the CCOG offices in the USA or Africa with money. Furthermore, the financial support given by the CCOG to Africa was one of the reason that they gave for leaving. Anyway, some at the nned by HWA site are falsely predicting a CCOG collapse--that is simply wrong. While we do not like to lose members, and will ubdoubtedly sometimes lose more because of a new group that formed, to the best of my knowledge (not counting those we put out last year for financial corruption) we lost about ten and gained over 250 congregants this month--the CCOG remains the fastest growing x-WCGgroup in the 21st century. The assertion that enitre countries have left the CCOG is not true--which countries? Certainly not Kenya, Malawi, Ghana, Rwanda, DRC, South Sudan, or Ethiopia. Nor are we facing any financial crisis.

Many of the ignorant and inaccurate comments at the Banned site bring the following scripture to mind:

16 The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes Than seven men who can answer sensibly. (Proverbs 26:16) 

Irrespective of facts provided many at Banned prefer their own faulty judgments and accusations.

Speaking of the Banned site, someone who left us a while back, sent me something on Friday that he tried to get posted at the Banned site--but it does not look like it ever was posted. It included the following statements:

I wish nothing but the best for Dr. Thiel. I don't agree with what is happening in Africa and I feel that Dr. Thiel should handle the situation differently but I am not him. Saying that I am not against Dr. Thiel and still consider him a friend and have the utmost respect for him. ... He does have many gifts and I wish him the best. Like Paul and Barnabas they went separate ways that is how I feel about CCOG and Bob Thiel. Saying that I am not an Elder in the Church nor will I ever be one. I am just a believer and if God allows me to use my skills to help the work I will. Aleksandar Veljic is a personal friend of mine someone I have the highest respect for, and even he is not attacking Bob Thiel after leaving CCOG and has told people publicly that they should not do so. So not sure what people at banned are trying to accomplish. Bob Thiel is a great person and I honestly believe his heart is in the right place ...

Sadly, many have succumbed to gossip and innuendo. To assist those interested in the biblical truth about governance as well as to deal with various allegations of corruption, we put out the following sermon yesterday:

3 comments:

RSK said...

Seems to me I saw that commwnt previously. I suspect Bob didnt check all the recent posts.

Anyway, I'm suspicious of some of these details, both from Bob and elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

The idea that 8 people in Serbia can finance some African Armstrongites are ridiculous and laughable beyond measure! Serbia is just one step above the Third World countries! Even Saša Veljić was forced to apply for a government grant to give him an old, vacated village house on condition that he raises chicken there. Young people leave villages to move to towns or to the Western Europe in order to make a living, older ones die, and old, depilated houses are left empty. I am sure that Saša and his 7 followers can't pay even for a rent of a place where they meet. Saša cannot afford to pay the rent of an apartment where he used to stay for the last 7 years anymore. Putting together 200 bucks for a place to meet for these 8 people is an attainable goal. Thiel was paying for that, of course. But not anymore.

NO2HWA said...

"Seems to me I saw that comment previously. I suspect Bob didn't check all the recent posts."

It was published as soon as I saw it. Bob tries to impress his few followers that he is one up on us. As much as Bob signs on and reads this site It surprises me that he did not see it.