Welcome to Breaking FreeWe’re pleased to make this Web resource available to our church members and to the general public. It's purpose is to assist all those who are struggling to "break free" from addictions, unhealthy habits, destructive behaviors and scars from the past. It is also for family members and other loved ones who are seeking to understand and help those who struggle with personal problems.
Articles cover a wide range of topics including addictions of all kinds, substance abuse, eating disorders, personal abuse (physical, verbal, sexual, emotional), sexual sins, homosexuality, other dysfunctional behaviors and mental disorders.
Herbert Armstrong's Tangled Web of Corrupt Leaders
- Contact Blog Owner
- Contact Dennis Diehl
- Apostolic Treasures: The Treasures Of Herbert W Armstrong
- Wacky World of Dave Pack
- David C. Pack's Wacky World 2
- Mulling Things Over With Dennis Page 1
- "Mulling Things Over With Dennis" Page 2
- Mulling Things Over With Dennis Page 3
- Van Robison
- Idiots in the Pulpit
- Herbert Armstrong's Tangled Web
- Armstrongism: Is It The Plain Truth? 8/5
- The Daughter of Babylon: A True History of the Workdwide Church of God
- The Armstrong Error Booklet
- Mr. Confusion 1971
- Book: The Truth Shall Make You Free
- UCG/COGWA Child Molester
- PCG Suicide
- How Fred Dattalo, Cal Culpepper and Gerald Flurry Caused A PCG Suicide
- LCG Pedophiles
- Rod Meredith HATES This Blog!
- Rod McNair Says Elderly Possessed By Demons
- Herbert Armstrong Confesses to Incest!
- Herbert Armstrong's Documented Prophecies By Decad...
- Worldwide Church of God vs. Philadelphia Church of God
- Ambassador College Pasadena Campus Demolition and ...
Monday, January 9, 2012
Is UCG An Authority On Addictions?
Would you go to UCG as an authority on addictions? Given how rampant alcoholism is in UCG and the COG's I would be very cautious.
Since 99.5% of COG ministers have never had any training in REAL counseling and addiction counseling, I would find it hard to sit in front of one of these guys. Education garnered through years of classes and clinical work with trained thereapists advising you, have always been frowned upon by Armstrongism. Therapy, counseling, and addiction work has always been looked upon as tools of Satan by so many in Armstrongism. Addictions were just problems weak, unconverted poepel were too stupid to deal with without God's help.
I do at least have to give UCG some credit for making this rather small step. I also know that many in UCG do not like the fact the Breaking Free site is in existence, particularly it's gay related links.