Gerald Flurry writes:
In The Former Prophets, I gave seven reasons God’s faithful people are called the sons of Zadok. I will list them here and add an eighth. These will help you keep your focus on the throne of David.
1. We cling to The United States and Britain in Prophecy.Leaders in the Worldwide Church of God got rid of this book in the 1970s. Mr. Armstrong brought it back. After he died, they shelved it again, and people just followed along. But the sons of Zadok stand up for the truth of God! We are loyal to David’s throne! We fought a six-year court battle to win the copyright to that book and others.
2. We continue the dig in Jerusalem. We will do quite a bit more before it is over, I am sure. This is all related to David’s throne, on which the sons of Zadok have their minds fixed.
3. We are spiritual Jews who never lose the key of David vision.This is the only vision given to the Philadelphians (Revelation 3:7).
4. We continue to let God deepen that vision.
5. We continue to follow Mr. Armstrong, who taught us the truth about David’s family throne. His prayer rock became the symbol of David’s throne! What an honor for Mr. Armstrong— forever! He didn’t know this would happen, but I’m sure it will be a pleasant surprise for him when he is resurrected shortly.
6. We have staged musicals about Jeremiah and David, and both are centered on David’s throne. In Armstrong Auditorium in 2012, we presented Jeremiah: A Musical and Step-Dancing Extravaganza, a musical with a message about David’s throne. A year later we produced David: The Endless Throne Begins.
7. We are doing all we can to proclaim the key of David message to Israel and the whole world.
Notice WHO is missing from the pciture....8. We have the new throne of David. Is that not a big part of why we are called the sons of Zadok? Think about this noble title! This is a tremendous honor that God has given us. Surely He did so because He knew we would have the throne of David in this end time.