Friday, May 1, 2020

Are the top leaders of the COG really as special as they want us to think they are?

A couple of comments that came through yesterday on the kind of leaders the Church of God has had and still does. Since they are buried in the comments of previous posts, I put them here with the link to the specific posting.


RCM was a practicing liar and many others at lcg hq knew that also--including prominent ministers who actually admitted it to me and others in private. RCM had multiple outbursts of anger and rage--once he said himself that he didn't think a demon made him do it... he was just in a bad mood. He made racist comments to many and loved money and power far more than God. I knew him very well... he used to call me to pick him up for lunch--I spent literally hundreds of hours privately with him... just him and me. As my position at lcg hq was a prominent one for several years. So I knew RCM better than 99.9% of lcg members and better than most lcg hq employees also. He was a sad and pathetic person who once even told me some pretty bad things about his own wife--Sheryl. He told me that sometimes he basically regretted marrying her. He told me horrible things about Wallace Smith--because he was jealous that Wally's TW programs got better responses than his. I remember thinking... this is the leader of the Church??? Something is seriously wrong here!!! Well... he is dead now and his reign of evil is over. 
LCG and all the COG splinters are human corporations disguised as churches. Their leaders are practicing commandment breaking sinners who should be marked and put away from harming the brethren. How do I know? I worked at their headquarters for many many years... I knew the top leaders at all the COG groups--they came to me for council and advice about many things over the years... I stayed in their homes and they stayed in mine. I had private conversations--one on one with several of these different COG leaders. I won't give my name because this isn't about me but if I gave my name many of you would know me. I was told by three of these leaders once that I was one of the most important people in God's Work on Earth... anyways you get the point--I know these people. I last spoke face to face with one of these "leaders" in private not long ago. I tell you in truth--these so called leaders are selfish and arrogant money lovers who worship their power and positions more than they do God. They are total politicians and have committed sins that you wouldn't believe... and they NEVER confess nor acknowledge what they do--they're too busy pointing the finger at everyone else's sins or stumbles... or sometimes just falsely accusing innocent people. If I wrote about 1% of what I've heard these leaders say or evil things I've seen them do--I'd be writing here for a very very very LONG time! Folks... wake up and get away from these hypocritical and evil false leaders ASAP... if you don't... you're gonna regret it more than you could ever imagine one day down the road. Love is not a boot on your face... Love is true and revealing... Love warns and love hates evil--especially the evil of proclaimed leaders who are blind leading the blind into the pit. For those with ears to hear and eyes to see--I say wake up and search out the TRUTH while you still can... but time is running out.
April 30, 2020 at 12:37 AMUPDATED: Gerald Weston: Sends Out Rules For Sabbath Observance At Home

15 comments:

Byker Bob said...

The second person (whose words have been highlighted in yellow) sounds like a Bob Thiel type. Don't get me wrong, I believe that what is being said about the ministers is true! I just also believe there are many petulant little self-righteous ass kissers behind the scenes in the splinters who deal in sour grapes because they never felt their efforts were rewarded with position or titles. What is hilarious is that as happens on the inside, so also happens on the outside. They don't amount to anything when they decide to start up their own little thingies, either. It has to do with talent and stature. In most cases, their stature came about mostly because of whose bidding they were doing, and not because of any bigger than life magnetic personality of their own. When they leave that person's employ, or get kicked to the curb, they can never quite replicate the stature they once enjoyed. Worse, they can't even figure out why.

BB

NO2HWA said...

I highly doubt this is Bob Thiel. Most of the ministry of the church would NEVER confide in him with any sour grapes or problems with their peers. Thiel is so low down on the hierarchical COG power pyramid that no other COG minister even acknowledges his existence. They would laugh at him before ever sharing any secret.

Hoss said...

I highly doubt this is Bob Thiel.

No, not Bob Thiel - more of an independent Dr Hoeh kind of guy, and by creating CCOG, a reluctant leader who felt he had to do what he did.

But, Bob put this line in the description of his latest sermon:

How does that contrast from the views and actions of Church of God leaders such as Herbert W. Armstrong and Bob Thiel?

Anonymous said...

These comments sound fake, or at least shaded with misdirection. How many people can say that RCM would often "call me to pick him up for lunch"? And then for one-on-one lunches? Hundreds of private hours with not even one other person present? That's a tiny number of potential posters, or more likely someone's deliberate attempt at misdirection.

And the second comment. "I knew the top leaders at all the COG groups--they came to me for council and advice about many things over the years... I stayed in their homes and they stayed in mine." Probably a lie, but if true it rules out Bob Thiel. Nobody other than Thiel's LCG pastor would travel to Arroyo Grande and stay at his home.

The descriptions would fit Mike Germano, but isn't Germano still on the LCG payroll? They would fit Davy Crockett or Charles Bryce, but those men are models of discretion and would never post something like this, even if they believed it. I'm going to guess this came from a lower-level disgruntled LCG person, and was deliberately shaded to seem more important and hide an identity.

Anonymous said...

eh, news flash, they're all human.

I can only imagine how you would treat King David if he were alive today and leading one of the Churches....

Anonymous said...

that doesn't mean that there aren't some real crooks in positions of power, false ministers passing themselves off as ministers of light....you've documented a few on this blog.

anonymous sources can be demonic as well....

Tonto said...

Ted was special! He had sex with more different women than 99.9% of men do. Im not saying that is good, but it indeed was a very unique characteristic of the Tedster!

WHAT ABOUT THE TRUTH said...

Obviously all these leaders have been and are presently extremely frustrated. Always having in the rearview mirror the splendor of what was and living in the present with the reality that nothing really changes is the witness that paints the true color of a man and his fantasies.

To get out and away ASAP from these men entails first taking an objective look at what they actually say. If Herbert Armstrong didn't fulfill Matt. 24:14 (he didn't), then it is obvious that none of these men are even close to accomplishing it. If these men want to reverse course and say that they are to accomplish Matt. 28 of making disciples of all nations then we need to ask two questions: where are they all at and make them disciples of what?

It is obvious that these men were only trained in their youth to be managers of the "method". They have been religiously practicing this expertise for a large number of years. Managers always want to climb the ladder and when they can't or even if they do, there is a boatload of frustration within them because they can't get past or shake off who they really are based on life experience.

The shelf life of the WCG was 20 years. This is the time frame that HWA gave us and all the men that were trained operated within that time construct. Twenty five years later the fruits of all of these men at minimum is that they have been simply caretaker managers.

The relevance of ASAP in regards to leaving is predicated upon circumstances. Staying under anger ridden, back biting, wife loathing, money obsessed men with no threat isn't so dire as it is to be under anger ridden, punitive, marriage destroyers, destitute driven, money hungry men who threaten.

What is the risk of staying? It is like getting your haircut by a the local mortician whose part time job was being the local barber. This is who used to cut my hair. My wife would laugh her head off everytime I came home from having my hair cut because yes it looked like a dead person's hair.

The risk is these men are happy to keep their members as close to death (spiritual) or close to looking like death as possible. In the present and in the end, this is not a pretty sight.

Anonymous said...

May 2, 2020 at 5:03 AM - Amen to everything you said.

Byker Bob said...

I need to clarify one point. As I wrote my comment above, I did not mean to identify Bob Thiel specifically as having been the author of what was quoted. That's why I used the descriptive word "type". I was using him as an archetype. Surely, everyone who was ever part of Armstrongism recognizes that such types existed, especially in the major cities. I became quite adept at identifying such people and avoiding them, largely because of the "ratting" phenomenon, and how it was redefined and glorified in the WCG.

BB

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anon 5:03. They sounded fake to me as well. Did not ring true at all.

Anonymous said...

Jon.W.Brisby is the true Big Boss of the little pebbles. Jesus came back to earth in Jon's Flesh. Jesus is on the earth today and you need faith to see Him in a Voice.

Anonymous said...

5:03, it has to be Tom Baca, former head of LCG's television department. Baca came into LCG with no WCG background, and was a very innocent, even naïve, person in many ways, so when he saw the Meredith family up close and the ridiculous HQ politics it had to have been hard for him. Then, consider the stress of the extramarital affair and breakup of his marriage, and his anguish over having to decide whether to protect an adulteress in his department or let RCM and Rod McNair ruin her family and her life, and it is easy to sympathize with Baca's disgruntled departure from LCG.

Anonymous said...

I definitely sympathize with Baca if your info is correct.

km

Anonymous said...

Posting something and then commenting on it where you have no solid proof it is even real. What is that?