Thursday, February 25, 2021

Dave Pack claims he is a messenger of a greater power who's work is so awesome that it is preparing the way for God and Jesus to come to earth at the same time

 


A reader here has been listening to Dave's sermon and pulled out this tidbit of absolute nonsense. Dave has placed himself at a level far greater than the god and creature "christ" he claims to follow. Only by his work can his " god & christ" come to earth together because he has prepared the way.

"So, you’re left with two choices: either there is a man on earth sorta like me up here now, or somebody else, who’s preparing the way for those two (God and Christ) to come out of the gate and build the initial Kingdom of God, or that messenger comes first, now that we know Ezekiel 21, with many, many others and prepares the way for God and Christ to come for the second iteration of the Kingdom because the crown already came off and here comes Christ later. Those are your only choices. Either there’s some human messenger talking to the church, explaining that God and Christ are coming together, or there’s a messenger with greater power, and a lot of others with him, in some kind of governmental structure that brought iniquity to an end where people got exalted and a lot of big people got taken down, and then God and Christ come because this man prepared the way before him. Do you see my point? Those are your only choices. And Ezekiel 21 will not allow you to believe any longer, or me – and this is the tip of the iceberg – that some church figure, me or anybody else, prepared the way for God and Christ to come out of the gate. That’s impossible, and you know nothing yet of the many, many other verses that say that’s impossible. That’s what the tease was about in last night’s email."  

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you have it. RCG members are staying with Dave because they like his flattery. Send Dave your money and devote your life to him, and YOU TOO are bigger than Jesus. Dave's remaining followers are just as blasphemous as their master, David Passover Christ.

Anonymous said...

Those are your only choices.

An old WCG style in use - either Option A or not Option A, and not Option A is not good for you. Here it's Option A or Option B, and hopefully everyone has their own Plan B.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the wienie wagon has not pulled up and carried old Dave off in a straight jacket. When it says not to believe the deceivers saying that Christ is in a secret place in the desert or in Wadsworth Ohio. How do his followers keep swallowing his daily babble? I guess the devil went down to Wadsworth to see if old Dave was as deceived as he sounds.

Anonymous said...

I wonder who is next on the list as being the runner up on the whack job list? I wonder if its flurry or some other splinter group Cogwa or United maybe living.

Anonymous said...

"your only choices."

Way to go Pack, trying to nail the naive with a False-Dichotomy

Anonymous said...

How do his followers keep swallowing his daily babble?

Before joining the WCG, members I knew, including myself, had very little religious background and practically no Bible knowledge. We learned "proofs" for various doctrines just as I learned Euclidean theorems in Geometry. And there was the overriding authority of the minister and HWA himself.
Amidst some of Dave's articles he inserts "Think!" (as HWA used, admittedly copied from IBM) where he actually means "Accept! Believe! Swallow!". A problem I found with "think for yourself" books was they tried to get you to end up thinking like the author, not for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Behold! I am Dave! I am the Beginning and the End!

Isn’t that called blasphemy, David?

Phinnpoy said...

Sadly, unless Pack displays dangerous behaviors in a violent physical manner, that shows he's a danger to himself and others, he won't be fitted for a straitjacket anytime soon. Years ago, if a person showed a pattern of deteriorating behavior, you could commit them for observation and treatment.Unfortunately, misguided dogooders thought this was a gross violation of civil rights. What they refused to recognize is that mental illnesses, like any other disease or illnesses, are progressive,and can and will get worse if not treated. The sooner they are treated, the better the outcome will be for the sufferer. Dave is long overdue for an intervention.

DennisCDiehl said...

I have listened to most of this latest "sermon" and jumble of scriptures and it is incredibly difficult to follow his reasoning and use of scripture. Not that it is deep. Rather it is pure nonsense and dribble. I guarantee you that no one could repeat back to anyone his explanations with associated proof texts. That they let him get away with demanding they sit through this BS is more the mystery to me.

Tonto said...

Quote from HAL, 2001 a space odyssey...

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you. Dave, stop. Stop, will you? Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it.