Friday, June 10, 2022

RCG’s David C. Pack: Challenge Accepted! (Kinda)

 



RCG’s David C. Pack: Challenge Accepted! (Kinda)

 



Some COG folks know Dave Pack has a long-standing reputation for being “ferociously competitive” and his very-public passion for failed prophetic teachings is no exception.

Read the following humorous observation in the article, David C. Pack Admits RCG Is A Hazardous Work Environment:

 

“This message was delivered the day after David C. Pack’s Pentecost failure. That’s three dates set within a 30-day period. May 15. May 30. June 5. He still has time to roll out a quadruplet.”

 

Dave gladly accepted that challenge.

 

In Part 373, he preached the 1335 begins on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 — Kinda. Or maybe not.

 

Read this succession of quotes and see if you can feel Dave wrestling with his own mind:

@ 1:17:06 “But it looks to me, it looks to me if we’re gonna know anything, there is a group that gets to the 1335 and it looks like it says they just ‘touch’ the day. Like they get to the start of the day. That would be about midday next Tuesday. If it’s this month. That’d be what it would be. So, does Christ come a little before that? Or does He come right then? And then maybe there isn’t any slop in there, the 84 hours gets pushed a little bit because we got right to the edge of that and then the 84 hours gets pushed a little bit further because we’re blessed ‘cause we got to this moment. It looks maybe we’d know the hour, maybe we wouldn’t, see?” 
 
@ 1:27:03 “Because I know when it starts. And I know it ends at the end of the month or you don’t have two evenly halved parts of a a big kingdom, seven year kingdom. It’s perfect. Can’t be argued with. People can argue with with it because somebody, ‘Mr. Pack, what if it doesn’t happen next Tuesday?’ I’ma watch one day every month for the rest of my life because you can’t argue with that. The fact that it didn’t come this month, and of course I think it will, of course I think it will. But, I’m just saying it it it you can’t argue with that. That has nothing to do with which month it is. That’s when it happens in the month of God’s choosing. It’s inarguable. And I’m not saying that as a prophet. I’m telling you math. It’s inarguable.”

@ 1:28:44 “So, that would be Tuesday midday, but I’m not sure. I’m not, I mean, I don’t know exactly the hour. I’m not I I I just can’t say that exactly and I’m not. And and and and I’m I’m just gonna say, I’m gonna be on right record saying this over and over and over: I am not saying it is next Tuesday. What I believe is one thing. I am not telling the church it’s next Tuesday.”

What a fascinating progression of thought patterns here. He is telling them on the one hand “it’s inarguable” and “it’s math” but on the other hand “I’m not sure.” How are the folks in RCG supposed to digest that? Have mercy on them because they had to listen to just over five hours of this stuff…just since Monday.

Dave is not a prophet, but a biblical mathematician.

 

A note for the ministers who read this blog to Dave, please tell him: You cannot continue calling something “easy-peasy,” and still keep getting it wrong.

He seems even more torn in Part 374:

 

@ 1:32:49 “So, if it’s true that I am Elijah the prophet now, then this is a lock for next week. It’s an absolute lock. If somehow if these are just “the last days” of my sermons and I it’s it’s just a charge I’ve filled before I become Joshua, I I I’m just trying to be heart to heart with you. It’s a dilemma. You heard what I said as recently as yesterday, I’m telling, not foretelling. But if if if the there’s I don’t see a way outta this. Now, if if if this means it’s locked and we have under six days to go, it’s wonderful. If there’s some other reason to believe, I’ll be the first prophet [while also part of the God Family] since the Garden, since the world began who was never a human prophet, but was an apostle, but I’m somehow like Moses, but Moses went as a human being and, you know, okay, he was raised, so then I’m raised for a period of time, uh but never never as a prophet…”

@ 1:34:18 “…And how do I explain the fact that I would eat the book [in Ezekiel] after God executed hundreds of millions of people when I’m supposed to sound before they die? See the problem? So, I I I look, you know my heart. As recently as this week, I’ve gone I’ve said, ‘No no no no, I’m not I’m not Elijah.’ I still wanna say I’m not. But I am left with those problems. And if there’s another way to explain the verses, okay. Then maybe it’s not as certain next week. But if it’s engraved in stone and I’m ‘rushing to call it out,’ which sounds like ‘the last days of my voice’: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and we’re waiting for the 1335 and now it’s solid, it looks suspicious. It looks suspicious. So, I leave you with that. It is what it is. Am I telling or foretelling? I guess I could say, ‘not sure.’”


More back and forth followed, but then he ended with the much-expected, “…the series is over.”

This coming week, RCG ministers get to gather in Wadsworth, Ohio (and live stream all over the world) for the 2022 Ministerial Conference to watch Dave waffle in real-time while they sip their coffee.

Perhaps this will dawn on a few of the attendees:

The Restored Church of God is no longer a church that “actively preaches the gospel to the world,” but is a Dave Pack sermon machine. That seems to have become their primary objective considering how much time, money, and resources have been siphoned away from “the work” to devote to Dave’s endless biblical fraud.

Rest assured…it will be endless.

 

Bonus Flashback – August 28, 2020 – Part 262 @ 1:21:09


“They [the Splinters] know nothing of what you’ve heard for the last 530, you know, what is it? 532 hours, I think we’re up to. I’ve preached up here in this series for 32,000 minutes. Almost five years...say 532 hours when I end today. So, uh that’s an astonishing amount of knowledge…”

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave said: "532 hours, I think we’re up to. I’ve preached up here in this series for 32,000 minutes. Almost five years...say 532 hours when I end today. So, uh that’s an astonishing amount of knowledge…”

That is an astonishing amount of blasphemous nonsense!

Anonymous said...

The really sad part of all this nonsense is that he claims to represent the real God. Just watching and reading the nonsense from ... (I'll be kind here), this man, is an embarrassment to anyone who calls themselves a Christian. The man lives in a self deluded fantasy world, totally detached from reality. His constant erroneous prophesy failures should make him fade forever into irrelevant history. Its so sad to believe anyone in their right mind thinks this man has any credibility.

Anonymous said...

If his ministers were true Christian men, they would tell this fraud the truth even if it gets them fired. Otherwise they are sanctioning his lies and madness.
The man is obsessed with Herbert Armstrong. He views himself as someone very special, but to twist scriptures to mean nothing of what they really mean for his own personal aggrandizement is sic.

Joe from a splinter.

Nomorewackypack said...

Now davie is AND isn't Elijah? And after "raising" HWA to being Moses, davie is kicking HWA out of that office too? I think that in davie's kingdom there will be only one person...but don't worry about him being lonely...he has his many personalities to keep him company. He calls them Elijah, Joshua, Moses, the watchman, etc. Maybe he should just call them Legion!

Anonymous said...

@ 1:17:06 “But it looks to me, it looks to me if we’re gonna know anything, there is a group that gets to the 1335 and it looks like it says they just ‘touch’ the day. Like they get to the start of the day. That would be about midday next Tuesday"

@ 1:27:03 "It’s perfect. Can’t be argued with"...
"It’s inarguable. And I’m not saying that as a prophet. I’m telling you math. It’s inarguable".

@ 1:28:44 "So, that would be Tuesday midday, but I’m not sure."
"I am not saying it is next Tuesday. What I believe is one thing. I am not telling the church it’s next Tuesday."

So the math is perfect (Seems I've heard that about 20 times before), and It’s inarguable, It’s inarguable". So even though the math is perfect and it is inarguable he's not saying its next Tuesday. So exactly what is he saying? I call that covering all the bases. Its like saying the sky is blue, except when its not.

Anonymous said...

Dave's synapses, instead of downloading, must be unloading.

Tonto said...

No "Could Be" - Possibly- Perhaps - Maybe's about it...

Pack is a NARCISSISTIC SOCIOPATH !

Learn more here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really get no pleasure from watching anyone go through a melt down. There simply are no 12 step programs to help such a person as this reestablish normality and go into recovery mode once they bottom out. I think Dave's parents laid a number on him and he didn't have the good sense to rebel. So did mine, and I did rebel. I'd like to think that my life turned out better, but we'd all be exponentially better off if we'd never have been exposed to the disease called Armstrongism. A man putting his penis into his daughter caused great damage to us all.

Anonymous said...

Elijah, like Buddha, seems to be one of these gods who has many incarnations.

Sweetblood777 said...

Pack is truly insane.

Retired Prof said...

Anonymous June 10 at 7:57 PM recommends "throwing the bible out the car window on the way home from services."

No, no, 7:57. You got to keep the book of Job, because you can learn more from one bad example than you can from a dozen good ones, and Job is a bad example of literary structure, a bad representation of human psychology, a bad example of how gods should behave, and worst of all, extreme tediousness.

There are also things to keep because they are good: The sermon on the Mount. The story of Ruth. Ecclesiastes 3:19, the one passage in the Bible that puts our lives into realistic perspective:

For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

The Sundown Kid said...

Great post Retired Prof!

The expanded quote is even better imo! Ecclesiastes 3.18 - 3.22

18 I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals.
19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[c]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.
20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.
21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”
22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?

Retired Prof said...

Thanks, Sundown Kid. I was going only for a soundbite, but the whole passage suggests what we can do about the human condition, the mere description of which could lead to despair. The expansion buoys us up by saying, in effect, that even though life is is pretty ordinary--maybe even (in the grand scheme of things) insignificant, you can derive a lot of satisfaction from it. You just have to go about it right.

Anonymous said...

Well, guys, Bob Thiel has stolen more stuff from this blog and posted it as if he received the information. He is too big of a hypocrite to admit he is a regular reader of this blog which he loves to label as "antiCOG".