Thursday, April 18, 2024

ETWN: JOURNEY HOME - 2024-04-15 - GREG AND JENNIFER WILLITS

 



Greg Willits grew up Catholic. His wife was in the Worldwide Church of God. After their child was baptized, they both had profound awakenings especially in regard to the Eucharist. Subscribe to EWTN’s YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/3hBbdVX

Interesting comment on the blog site in relation to the Restored Church of God:


Also see:


Jennifer Willits grew up in the Worldwide Church of God, and had some troubling experiences that led her to ask a lot of questions about God and her purpose. When she met Greg, a cradle Catholic who wasn’t very well informed about his faith, they started to ask these questions together as a couple, and were not only surprised at the riches they found in the Catholic Faith; they felt inspired to dedicate themselves together to sharing its truth and beauty through media.

Many of you know Greg and Jennifer for their work with the Rosary Army over the years– they have a great story!


9 comments:

RSK said...

My mother, having an urban background and upbringing, once suggested to me that I should go to a Catholic service once in a big city and just watch quietly. In her words "It's a very different experience, you should see it one time in your life."

I never took her up on it, though I did tag along once with a friend in Pennsylvania who was Russian Orthodox. It is interesting to see how isolated America's brand of Protestantism is.

RSK said...

Humrously, since I live in the South where Orthodox people in general are few and far between, I later bought a Russian Orthodox style cross and put it on my desk at work with my other travel souveniers.

You have no idea how many people asked me if it was a "Satanic" cross!

NO2HWA said...

RSK wrote:

"Humrously, since I live in the South where Orthodox people in general are few and far between, I later bought a Russian Orthodox style cross and put it on my desk at work with my other travel souvenirs.
You have no idea how many people asked me if it was a "Satanic" cross!""

Well, according to our resident Crackpot Prophet, it is satanic. He despises the cross. Idiot.

NO2HWA said...

RSK said: "I never took her up on it, though I did tag along once with a friend in Pennsylvania who was Russian Orthodox. It is interesting to see how isolated America's brand of Protestantism is."

Orthodox services are fascinating and probably more grounded in historical worship roots than most believe.

RSK said...

Well, they saw the extra bars and jumped to conclusions (no one ever read The Phantom Tollbooth as a kid, I guess) - you'd think the 1980s were back in full swing by the way they acted. Southern Baptists are the worst!

Anonymous said...

In her teens, she only attended services with her WWCG parents for awhile. In my view, she doesn't have a real history with Herb's church. They're a nice couple.

The W.A. said...

Thanks to EWTN Tv and Radio, you can "attend" a live Catholic mass every morning from Alabama - even on Sabbath morning.

I only hear the radio broadcast - but the Biblical problems with it become apparent quickly.

The COG Catholic said...

That is wild -- I used to listen to them back in the 2000s when they first got started in podcasting (I listened to podcasts before podcasts were cool -- I was interviewed by the National Catholic Register for a front-page article about "podcasts").

I even bought (and wore out) a "Rosary Army" t-shirt to help support them. But I had no idea she was a former WCG member.

I will listen to their interview tomorrow. It will be interesting to hear what they say. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

They went from one cult to another.